• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed please

hannah90

New Kit
Good evening,
I will soon be getting two baby rabbits and need advice on which hutch i should get them as i have never owned rabbits before, they will be outdoor rabbits and i have been looking online for hutches but there are so many to choose from and i have no idea on size for two rabbits,
Thanks in advance

The RWAF recommend a minimum of a 6ft x 2ft hutch permanently attached to an 8ft x 4ft run. A lot of people here would recommend a shed and attached aviary as then the bunnies have more space and you don't have to crawl in the run when cleaning it.
Unless your bunnies are rexes, hard standing eg paving is easier to clean and prevents digging. Also the bunnies eat the grass very quickly. Rexes have stupid paws so need grass or plenty of hay to prevent sore hocks
I'd recommend looking at somewhere like Boyles pet housing or kernow or welfare or ryedale (see http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/walloffame.htm) as I've seen a lot of people get something from Amazon and then realise it's too small and have to get another one. I did that.
Also bunnies are the most fun when you spend time with them, and outside is cold and wet so a shed can be good for this, or an unheated indoor space (bunnies don't do well with big temperature changes). Mine come into the unheated conservatory to spend time with me

Back