PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Rdgib85
30-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Hello

I am looking into getting both my rabbits insured. I note a lot have conditions with regards to dental issues and that you can't claim for first 2 years for dental issues but only after that of you have proof of yearly dental check ups.assuming have understood that right...

who do you all use and why? And how much do you pay and how many buns have you insured.

Thanks

Jack's-Jane
30-03-2015, 07:29 PM
I have 11 Rabbits so Insurance is not an option. But from what I have read on here it appears that most people are with either Pet Plan or Pets at Home. Sorry I cant be of any more help.

Fellie
30-03-2015, 07:44 PM
I use Pets at Home forv8 buns..They are alot cheaper than Pet Plan and have no problems with them paying out so far. Can't remember what the excess is though ..or what their policy is on dental. .sorry.

Bunny Buddy
30-03-2015, 08:15 PM
I use Pets at Home forv8 buns..They are alot cheaper than Pet Plan and have no problems with them paying out so far. Can't remember what the excess is though ..or what their policy is on dental. .sorry.

Ditto the above... except for 11 buns! Excess is 75 + 10%. I can't remember the details on dental either but it is from the start of the policy not 2 years in, and I believe (from memory) comparable with Petplan.

MightyMax
30-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Hello

I am looking into getting both my rabbits insured. I note a lot have conditions with regards to dental issues and that you can't claim for first 2 years for dental issues but only after that of you have proof of yearly dental check ups.assuming have understood that right...

who do you all use and why? And how much do you pay and how many buns have you insured.

Thanks

A lot of people go with HelpUCover, or Pet Plan.

The cost of insurance varies as to the era you live in, so you would need to input that in to get a quote.

FloLo
30-03-2015, 10:07 PM
I'm only recently insured with pet plan (for 1 rabbit only).
Flo had eye problems before I insured her and they said they won't cover any eye problems for 1 year after they begun.
I think they do cover dental work as long as you have yearly dental check up (which should be done at vaccination anyway). Pets@Home insurance only cover a small amount for dental treatment I believe but I'm sure Pet Plan cover up to the max mark.
Costs me about 9.50 a month (but I get discount as I work at a vets). Excess is only 50 and they cover up to 2000 in vet fees a year. They also include so money for boarding if you are in hospital and to help cover advertising if rabbit goes missing.

Hope this helps!