• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are they happy?

carysannie29

Young Bun
I worry about my two female rescue buns...they're both 5 years old and came to live with me last July.

They have a large hutch and two runs, but they never seem to do very much. I want to make their runs more exciting with tunnels and things but the weather has been so awful and I've been very busy recently. All I do is feed them in the mornings and evenings and clean them out. I'm worried that they're sad or bored. I wonder if they would be better back at the rescue that I got them from :(

Well they have each other for company and I think rabbits sometimes get like that when they're comfortable in their surroundings where they don't seem to do much. Then they're very active when given playtime in a place they don't usually go. Plus they could be binkying and playing when you're not around, rabbits tend to be most active at dawn and dusk.

But yeah I'd add some more toys and other stuff for them to do and see if they enjoy that :)

toilet rolls stuffed with hay. Apple twigs to chew, willow balls. The thing my rabbits love more than anything is forage food like dandilions, hawthorne, grass, clover, plantain, bramble, wild strawberry leaves. Now it's getting warmer maybe you could do a bit of foraging for them.

Back