• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Parker

vicky_26

Warren Scout
So I realised today that it is nearly a whole year since Parker last had to have a dental (hope I'm not tempting fate by writing this!!)

Before now, she's had three dentals six months apart. The last time she had one the vet said that it appeared her jaw was not aligned which would explain why she'd needed them as she had. I'd kinda prepared myself for having a dental bun and potentially having to have her teeth done every six months.

I don't think its a coincidence that I've Hugo for a year and I don't know why but since they were bonded her hay consumption seems to have increased massively!

Whilst I'm not kidding myself she'll never need a dental again I am chuffed that she's gone a whole year! Fingers crossed she won't need one for a while longer too!

So I realised today that it is nearly a whole year since Parker last had to have a dental (hope I'm not tempting fate by writing this!!)

Before now, she's had three dentals six months apart. The last time she had one the vet said that it appeared her jaw was not aligned which would explain why she'd needed them as she had. I'd kinda prepared myself for having a dental bun and potentially having to have her teeth done every six months.

I don't think its a coincidence that I've Hugo for a year and I don't know why but since they were bonded her hay consumption seems to have increased massively!

Whilst I'm not kidding myself she'll never need a dental again I am chuffed that she's gone a whole year! Fingers crossed she won't need one for a while longer too!

That's great news. It is often the case that a Rabbit will eat more hay if they have a companion who is a good hay eater. I hope that Parker continues to do well xx

A whole year is a very good time interval!

People think that because a rabbit's jaw is not aligned it must mean extra dentals, but it's not always so, as Parker has demonstrated :D

Parker probably thinks that if Hugo eats it, it must be worth eating :lol:

Really good news :thumb:

Jacks - Jane do you really think if a bunny has a companion they tend to eat more hay? Mr Magoo doesn't eat as much hay as he should really and is extra important he gets the right amount bearing in mind he broke his jaw. We're thinking about getting him a friend but worried about the bonding and afraid he'll get jealous as he is used to getting all the attention!

Back