• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can you show me your bunny houses please

Rita

Warren Scout
hi, just wanted to get some idea's on what to add to my bunny house. they live in a cattery on the floor, when they are older and the little man has been done, i was going to put the ladder back up and open the shed for them to sleep in, but i am worried that they might fall off the ladder, do they climb ladders. also as i have all this floor space would it be safe to make another level, would they be safe or will they try and jump off. any advice would be much appreciated. if you have any photo's of what you have done to your sheds would be helpful. i had ferrets living in the cattery before and they had tunnels everywhere and they were great climbers.

thank you for the link. some really great idea's. when the little boy has been done and he's safe to go back in with the girl, i will add some photo's.

They can't climb ladders, but love to run up ramps. My shed ramp has some extra pieces of wood horizontally lined across it that are shallow, that provide grip/tread.

Connected to my ramp, I have a shelf with a barrier along the outer edge so they can't fall off which runs along the back of my shed. Buns love platforms and height, and mine enjoy having somewhere else to sit and snuggle.

Looking forward to seeing pics :wave:

thank you for your reply, i am looking forward to making a nice home for them. have made the ramp as you suggested. just waiting for the little man to have his op, then try to bond them again after 4 weeks when he will be safe to go back with her.

Back