• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving home, 2 bonded 1 single should I try?

Fennic

Warren Scout
Hi all, as title says me and my fiancé are moving home (for the first time which i'm dreading!) we've got 2 bonded buns, and a single bun who lost her partner a year ago and will not accept my other female or male. It took her over 4 months to bond to her partner she lost. She does seem to be a "problem bun" in terms of other rabbits and has attacked my female when we've tried bonding them before.

This was done in a neutral area, they're all desexed and have been for some time. I honestly don't know if she'd take them on or potentially do some real damage to her if she met even on a neutral territory again. Shes a very dominant and moody bun. Adopting her a new mate is also financially out of the question at this present moment.

We're also not sure about the whole process of moving into a new home with them. We were thinking, leaving them till last. (They can stay secure/fed/gave water where they are presently while we get everything sorted) would this be best?

Any advice please would be greatly appreciated.

When I moved I took the rabbits last (once their sheds were up)! They were utterly unfazed. Even Mottle and Peaches, who moved indoors having been ourdoors were totally fine.

As for the trio. I just dont know. There are so many great threads on here offering advice. The general consensus seems to be that its down to the individual personalitites and your single girl sounds fairly feisty!

Back