• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inspiration For A Rabbit Diet Display Please

Jemima

Alpha Buck
The Kent Hopper Group are doing a rabbit welfare stand at Gillingham Pets at Home on 11th April. My part is to show a healthy rabbit diet with real food. I'm fine with picking out the hay, pellets, veg, etc but I would like a good way to display it all.

Have you talented lot got any ideas please?

a box with compartments, like a chest of drawers without the drawers, oh, what do you call them? this kind of idea, but with a back. you could make it... from boxes even if you are good at that sort of thing. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1712...3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

or in a puppy pen set up with toy rabbits to save strain on the nerves of real ones...

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree. I'll leave now. :oops:

Last edited:
They're great ideas thank you. I think I can make something with boxes in a pyramid style - perhaps so it looks a bit like a tiered cake stand.

Use a bale or 2 of hay as the base / table with everything else on top of or hidden around it - then you can point out the proportions of each type of food (eg by using a pair of soft toy bunnies and an appropriate amount of each type of food). Maybe set up a large dog crate for the bunnies with a daily ration, and clear shopping bags or wire shopping basket on the hay bale with a weekly amount - ie what you might expect to have to buy regularly to give an idea of the cost of keeping a pair of rabbits. The daily rations could be served imaginatively - grass in toilet roll tubes, novel / cheap hay racks, water bowl, branches of willow hanging up, pellets in an eggcup - anything that makes people look twice and think about it. It also gives subtle messages, such as bunnies don't like to live alone, hay is important, you don't need to feed a lot of dry packaged food.

Don't forget foraged greens (bramble leaves, dandelions, etc) and carrot tops rather than the orange root.

Last edited:
Someone on the forum did a really good one - I think they had jars of poop to show what rabbits eating a health diet produced!

Back