• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Chinook is having her first dental, after an episode of not eating

Boots

Mama Doe
My poor little baby wasn't well at all this morning, but thankfully after some gut motility drugs, pain relief and antibiotics, she's much more herself.

However, the vet (who incidentally, operated on Elmo's obstruction a couple of weeks ago), spotted some small spurs on her molars, and suspects they might be the cause of this no-eating incident. There's no ulcerations thankfully, but hopefully we can nip this in the bud now and prevent any more incidents.

We're taking Chinook in, in the morning, to have her first dental. I'm pretty nervous, but I have complete faith and confidence in this vet. If you have any spare vibes, please think of my baby Chinook and send her "get through this op and be healthy" vibes.

Chinook is the crazy one of my trio, who lives life at a million miles an hour and is just joy personified. :love: x

I forgot to mention: I'm syringe feeding her every 3 hours, up until midnight, then once at 4am and 7am, then she's off for her dental. She's taking the critical care really well (for the most part) and is eating by herself too.

Thank you Jane! Haha, we actually named her after the helicopter because when she's excited, she holds them forwards like a helicopter and is all black :lol:

She made it through the dental and is now eating by herself, YAY!

She is such a smart bunny, she knows that if she puts her tongue in the way of the syringe, she can then dribble the meds out :roll:

She's back to normal Chin mode, so we're just going to keep an eye on her and hope she doesn't need another dental!

Thank you Jane! Haha, we actually named her after the helicopter because when she's excited, she holds them forwards like a helicopter and is all black :lol:

She is such a smart bunny, she knows that if she puts her tongue in the way of the syringe, she can then dribble the meds out :roll:

She's back to normal Chin mode, so we're just going to keep an eye on her and hope she doesn't need another dental!

Missed this yesterday!

So glad her dental went well and that she's now feeding herself :thumb:

Well done Chinook !! Keep them 'rotor blades' rotating !! :lol:

Back