• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone use these rabbit runs?

I suggest a wooden run, attached to the hutch so your rabbit has permanent access to it and so is able to exercise. Have a look at the housing section for some really good ideas. The run you have posted would not be substantial enough, I am afraid, unless you were in the garden - in which case your rabbit would only have very limited access.

I have two of them, one I use folded down a little indoors and the other I leave outside full time. I'm not sure about the issue of the bars being flexible as I struggle to force my hand between them at times... so how on earth a rabbit could do it would be beyond me.

The one outside is weighted down so nothing could move it and I've attached a tube from the hutch to it so she can free roam around it while we have the gate open or I'm messing around in the garage.....

Great runs that's why I bought a second one.

a few pics when we got it...

10553505_10152683792220439_8050362867286958831_n.jpg

10570369_10152251601290509_435214696167519125_n.jpg

10603207_10152915077680439_2532230804541519047_n.jpg

11070928_10153219355040439_3190514857103166460_n.jpg

Last edited:
I have two attached together. I happened to get one with the rabbits and their set up when I took them on so have never had to ask the question would I buy them again although i then decided to get a second and increase their space. I have run mesh around inside of both having read the horror stories about buns getting heads stuck and i also used the mesh to create a 30cm edge around base which allows the runs to be weighed down heavily. The buns access them using a welfate hutch tunnel connected to their shed. I have also secured all edges with cable ties and added extra locks to all the top openings
So not as cheap as my first seem! X

Lopsy's got a small (5x4) version of one: it's not fox proof, even with the pegs in the ground, because if the ground's reasonably damp it can be easily lifted. Great for indoors though! We put bricks on the top so Lopsy couldn't move it (and so we didn't inadvertently when leaning on it), and now he's outside on concrete we've got lots of bricks on top. The bar width on ours is OK for Lopsy but I can very easily see how something very slightly flimsier and with a smaller, even more determined bunny could be problematic and fatal.

I use one for my two, dont weight it down she has stopped digging since being spayed which helps, only put them out on dryish days its not attached to hutch. Bunnybarn how have you attached your two as I would like to extend mine too :)

I have 2 similar runs to this. They are easy to store when not in use and can be moved around fairly easily by one person. They provide a good space for a rabbit to have outside space. It is really easy to cover the flat top and make it weatherproof. I use corrugated shed roofing sheets tied down with thin rope, which also provides extra weight.

However, I find it almost impossible to reach in to get a reluctant bunny out. The hatches are quite small and in the wrong places for me. They also all need padlocks.

They are very easy to dig out of (by bunny) or dig in (by dog / fox). They are not nearly as robust on their own as a wooden framed run with weldmesh panels. I have also had some bars break on one run, and some have bent under the weight of the extra roofing after a few years.

There is definitely a knack in assembling these runs the first time - getting everything the right way round and tucked in properly. I also prefer the pegs to be longer and thicker than those provided (eg puppy pen ones). Cable ties tend to get chewed off fairly quickly by my buns. Overall, they are like a flimsy puppy pen with a lid.

I always use my big wooden run in preference, then puppy panel fences with something like a dog crate or hutch as a base and some sort of net or mesh lid, then these runs - mainly because I can't get the bunnies out easily enough.

I have the Trixie ones like this, have had it since before we got the rabbits (over 4 years now) and they've been outside all that time, and are fine. the only thing that has rusted is the chain on the door locks, but we have them cable tied shut anyway (we have the runs opened up to use as fence panels).

Oh, the joins aren't very good either, but that might be because we open and move ours quite abit.

Even if you used the ground pegs in grass I don't think it'd be fox proof - my two can each lift the panels! they work good for our purpose (supervised free range) but I wouldn't use as a run, unsupervised, not in a million years (that's what we originally bought it for).

Also, lastly, my two figured out how to open the door hatches! nearly had a frigging heart attach when tia opened it, Rupert got out (our garden leads down to a stream, and we have a well pond!, surrounded by foxes, cats and dogs!) I panicked, luckily, he is a scaredy bun so didn't venture too far (hence why now, all the doors are cable tied shut!!!!)

I use one for my two, dont weight it down she has stopped digging since being spayed which helps, only put them out on dryish days its not attached to hutch. Bunnybarn how have you attached your two as I would like to extend mine too :)

I removed the end doors and put them together. They are attached together with cable ties, meshed then inside all way round. This works for us as they sit on concrete and are heavily weighed down around edge and so are not moved. The rabbits love the space this gives them :)

Back