• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

water dispensers

Rita

Warren Scout
what does everyone on here use to give your bunnies water.
i have a water bottle, but i noticed that it leaks. what is the best water dispensers to use.

I use water bottles because tabby thinks any kind of bowl is a toilet. they don't all leak - just find one that doesn't. swapping caps amongst those you have sometimes helps.

I use standard bottles on mesh with a clip on bowl under to catch drops and then bowls as well which they are free to tip over, and they do :)

I used to use bowls but now use a bottle because they kept kicking their bedding in their bowl

Big metal dog bowl. My two won't use bottles - and I love to watch/listen to them having a good sup from a bowl of fresh warm water.

I think Scrappy's previous owner used to just give her a bottle. But over the last couple of months or so I've given it to her in a bowl as well. I've noticed she seems to prefer to drink from a bowl now, although I still keep the bottle in case she wants to move back.

I think Scrappy's previous owner used to just give her a bottle. But over the last couple of months or so I've given it to her in a bowl as well. I've noticed she seems to prefer to drink from a bowl now, although I still keep the bottle in case she wants to move back.
Lopsy still prefers the bottle, but it does leak. Quick-ish changes in air temperature and pressure tend to set it off, but is that weather's stable for a few days it doesn't drip at all.

I use bowls as this is what they always had and when I gave them a bottle they never used it. Infact now the weather is getting hotter they seem to be getting through the water in their bowls quicker so I would like to put a bottle out as a "backup". does anyone know how I can teach them to use the bottle? Or is it a case that while the bowls are there they will never bother?

Mine have large ceramic dog bowls to stop them tipping them over. I put them on top of their hutches (which are inside their sheds) to stop them kicking hay, etc into them.

Mottle and Peaches (indoors atm) have their bowl on the (very low) windowsill.

Love hearing them drinking out of bowls.

Back