• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scooby's incisor removal today UD: All OK, he's now a gummy bunny!

Tracy

Warren Veteran
I've just taken my toothy lad in for his incisor removal procedure, he'll also have his molars checked and burred if necessary. He's having xrays prior to the procedure so that my vet can see exactly what she's dealing with. I'm a bit worried about the state of his incisor roots due to his teeth having been clipped previously.

I'm now playing the waiting and worrying game.

Last edited:
I've just taken my toothy lad in for his incisor removal procedure, he'll also have his molars checked and burred if necessary. He's having xrays prior to the procedure so that my vet can see exactly what she's dealing with. I'm a bit worried about the state of his incisor roots due to his teeth having been clipped previously.

I'm now playing the waiting and worrying game.

Oooh hope it all goes well for Scooby!

He will be able to eat for England after all this! :thumb:

Hope Scooby comes through his dental ok. I am in the same boat with Lewis. Got to ring at 2 pm.

Just replied on your other thread Tonibun.

I didn't realise you'd agreed to the dental not knowing if his incisors are coming out or not! :shock:

Scooby is now a gummy bunny!

It all went really well and the teeth came out easily. He is in recovery at the moment and I will collect him at 4pm.

He's home, sporting a very fetching pink bandage on his ear. :lol:

I've just given him some critical care as he's not eaten for himself yet. My vet said he was very wary and nervous while he was there, so hopefully now he's home he will relax and attempt to eat something. I'll monitor his input/output and do syringe feeds if he doesn't eat. He is on Metacam twice a day and back for a check up on Thursday.

My vet showed me his teeth. I was amazed at how long the roots are :shock: I've not seen extracted incisors before. His incisors curl and also twist. I've brought them home to show my OH. The xrays showed just how misaligned his incisors were.

Scooby's molars were OK, a sharp edge was just starting to form on one side so that has been burred back. His lower roots on one side were a little irregular, but this isn't causing him any problems for now.

So glad that those horrible tusks are now history. :D

Thanks everyone. :D

Scooby is doing OK and looks relaxed and comfortable this morning. He's not eating on his own yet and not showing any interest in the food, so I'm very carefully syringe feeding every couple of hours. He is pooing.

He did a bit of grooming a few minutes ago, so his mouth must be feeling a little less sore. Hopefully it won't be too long before he attempts to eat. He's got a variety of his favourite herbs, all carefully cut into bite sized pieces. I've broken his pellets into smaller pieces to make them easier to pick up and I've given him some hay chopped into small strands. I don't think there is anything else I can do to help him eat, apart from to stop being impatient!

Thanks everyone. :D

Scooby is doing OK and looks relaxed and comfortable this morning. He's not eating on his own yet and not showing any interest in the food, so I'm very carefully syringe feeding every couple of hours. He is pooing.

He did a bit of grooming a few minutes ago, so his mouth must be feeling a little less sore. Hopefully it won't be too long before he attempts to eat. He's got a variety of his favourite herbs, all carefully cut into bite sized pieces. I've broken his pellets into smaller pieces to make them easier to pick up and I've given him some hay chopped into small strands. I don't think there is anything else I can do to help him eat, apart from to stop being impatient!

If you ever work out how to stop being impatient when a bunny is recovering, please post on here and let us all know! :lol:

Glad Scooby is recovering and hope he is eating soon ? Has he got some teeth left ? I also saw extracted bunny teeth for the first time, horrendous when I saw how big they had grown.

Back