• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Hierarchy - Demotion

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
Hiya

Just curious as to your thoughts really ...... do you think a bunny that was topbun in a previous relationship but then lost their partner can be truly happy with a new partner if they're then 'demoted'?

It's kind of humanising it if you're seeing it as a demotion- really, the roles individual bunnies take in relationships depend on what makes the relationship most successful. So i do absolutely believe a bunny can be just has happy, more happy, or less happy- it depends on the bond dynamics and the relationship between them that makes the happiness- not solely the heirarchy order and how that relates to past bonds.

Thanks Sky-O. I suppose we have a habit of putting our feelings on them. Like when I was bonding them, I was getting upset with all the chasing, boxing and fur pulling ..... but then someone pointed out that for them it's normal and not half as bad as it seems to us.

I like to think that Rascal is looking after Hollie because she's only young.... taking her under his wing, grooming her etc. I know that's probably a load of old rubbish but I quite like the thought of it.

Back