• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It feels like I'm doing something wrong

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Charlie stopped eating yesterday for the second time in a week. I still had all the meds so gave him those and stayed up with him most of the night. Checked him at half 2/3ish, went to sleep till half 5 and woke up and he was eating fine again. Vets still planned today because something is clearly bothering him. I'm assuming he needs a dental, which terrifies me because he's nearly 7 and hasn't had a GA since he was neutered.
Woke up again at half 7, Charlie still fine. Now Milly not eating. She was fine two hours ago. She's been fine for months.

My chest hurts and I don't feel like I can breathe. I've barely had any sleep. I'm going to have to go to a more expensive vet than I normally do and now I'm going to be paying for things for both of them. I've been living on savings for months because the money I'm expecting hasn't come yet.

I have a ticket to comicon on Saturday, first weekend away and closest thing I was going to have had for a holiday in 10 years. Even if I trusted to leave them now, which I don't, no way could I afford it anymore. So I'm losing the ticket money for that.

I feel so, so stressed right now.

Vibes that they're both okay please :(

Oh no :cry: I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am
sure you aren't doing anything wrong, it is just awful bad luck.

Sending lots of vibes for them both.
And hugs for you xx

Aw Steph, I'm sorry things are so stressful right now. :( Going through stasis problems with Pip too, first time in months and like yours, twice in as many days. :( Can't figure it out but off to the vet we go in the morning if there's no improvement. :( Looks like an all-nighter for me as well.
Sending you many healing vibes for your two bunnies and some ((((((Huge hugs)))))) for you. xxxx

Millys just started picking at some pellets after looking ill for 45 minutes. Hoping she stays that way but I'm still going to have to take her and get her checked out in case.
I was warm when I woke up so I'm really really hoping she was just warm too :\

Good luck at the vets! I hope whatever is going on with Milly and Charlie is easily sussed. :) xxxx

Oh hun it is SO stressful having one sick bun, let alone two :(

Sending loads of vibes for them both and hugs for you xxxx

You are definitely not doing anything wrong. We have had a pair of brothers. One has had stasis four times in two weeks. The other had his second in ten days yesterday. We think they are really sensitive to the temperature changes as can find nothing else physically wrong.

I hope your buns are OK x

I agree with Liz, some bunnies are easily tipped. Fiver is so bad with any diet changes that I haven't been able to give him any treats for about 4 years. I had to rush him to the vets one too many times for even the wrong kind of hay. :(
It's about 2 AM here and I'm going to try to sleep for a bit but I'll check back later to see how you got on. (((((Hugs)))) xxxx

Are they moulting? I always find Mini is more susceptible to rich foods when she's moulting, she manifests it as cecal dysbiosis though rather than stasis. I stupidly gave her a new treat yesterday and that's set her tummy off so i'm giving them lots of fibre rich bramble leaves.

Are they moulting? I always find Mini is more susceptible to rich foods when she's moulting, she manifests it as cecal dysbiosis though rather than stasis. I stupidly gave her a new treat yesterday and that's set her tummy off so i'm giving them lots of fibre rich bramble leaves.

Both have been moulting a bit, but not as heavy as they were a few weeks ago. They only get hay, pellets and kale/spring greens with the odd bits of carrot and broccoli. Charlie won't eat anything else, Milly gets some fruit but hasn't had any in a few days.

Millions of vibes coming your way.

Could you pay in installments at the vet? Ours are great at letting me do that.

I agree with Liz, some bunnies are easily tipped. Fiver is so bad with any diet changes that I haven't been able to give him any treats for about 4 years. I had to rush him to the vets one too many times for even the wrong kind of hay. :(
It's about 2 AM here and I'm going to try to sleep for a bit but I'll check back later to see how you got on. (((((Hugs)))) xxxx

My two also go into stasis if there is a thunderstorm brewing or there are strong winds but are fine with fireworks! Bunnies don't make it easy for us ;)

Hope all goes well at the vets. I know with moulting at this time of year that March April is always the worst month with Mr B. Every March April in the last three years has been spent either at the emergency vets or several trips to our own vet. I hope everything settles with Charlie and Milly. Cutie-pie used to have dentals at 7 and 8 and was fine. Thinking of your troublesome two.

Both have been moulting a bit, but not as heavy as they were a few weeks ago. They only get hay, pellets and kale/spring greens with the odd bits of carrot and broccoli. Charlie won't eat anything else, Milly gets some fruit but hasn't had any in a few days.

See a lot of that I can't give Mini, it sets her off, anything brassica related so broccoli and spring greens and anything sugary she has to have in moderation. It isn't stasis though with her but I found taking her off those vegetable-y things and moving to herbs and edible weeds has helped a lot. They don't get fresh everyday which I guess some people don't agree with but they don't seem to miss it.

Sorry I missed this Steph, no idea how

I hope both Bunnies will soon be back to normal and not have any recurrence of problems. It all sounds to be very stressful for you xx

Back