• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mimi might have another ear infection :(

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you know a few years ago Mimi had a very severe inner ear infection which manifested as a head tilt and rolling. It was 6 weeks of treatment and intensive nursing before she could walk again, but she did in the end make a full recovery, bar a very slight residual tilt.

Fast forwards a few years and me and ex are no longer together and Mimi and Timmy live with him (we had to take 2 each, horrendous.) He sent me a message yesterday to say that he had to take her to the emergency vets as she was listless and wasn't eating. The vet found that there was some inflammation in her ear and kept her in over night to do tests for E.Cuniculi and to monitor her. They are going to call him this morning with test results and a plan of action.

I'm SO worried. I haven't even seen her for months because ex moved in with his new girlfriend and took Timmy and Mimi with him, so I cant even visit them now :cry: If she becomes very ill like last time he will have to do all of the nursing himself. She could come here but the last thing she needs is to feel disorientated. So I'm basically totally removed from my baby being poorly :cry::cry::cry:

Vibes really appreciated please.

I'm so sorry Gemma, that is an awful situation. :( Sending all the vibes I can muster that Mimi will be okay.
((((((Huge hugs))))) coming your way. I hope everything will come out alright. xxxx

Oh dear how difficult for you! I'm so sorry you're in this position, sounds horrid to be away from your sick one.

Lots of get well vibes being sent for Mimi xxx

Well the vet called, she is stable and they have been treating her for the infection and assist feeding her. They are going to keep her in for one more night and we should get the EC test results later in the week.

My poor Moomy :cry:

Oh sorry she has to stay in. I hope the vet gives you regular updates?
I hate it when they have to stay in. I usually ask if I can turn up around 2 in the morning and bring them a snack :)
(not always allowed though ......)

Mimi is home from the vets and apparently doing well. The vets are amazing and very thorough, they did loads of tests to check for underlying problems and all of her organs, liver, kidneys etc are functioning normally. CT scan showed no tumours or anything, teeth are fine.

She is on a 2 week course of antibiotics for the infection, alongside metacam, Panacur and metacloperamide to keep her eating.

We will get the results of the EC test later in the week, and if she is found to have that I will treat the other 3 aswell.

So good news really, she is getting better rather than worse, eating for herself and is back with her beloved Timmy :love:

Mimi is home from the vets and apparently doing well. The vets are amazing and very thorough, they did loads of tests to check for underlying problems and all of her organs, liver, kidneys etc are functioning normally. CT scan showed no tumours or anything, teeth are fine.

She is on a 2 week course of antibiotics for the infection, alongside metacam, Panacur and metacloperamide to keep her eating.

We will get the results of the EC test later in the week, and if she is found to have that I will treat the other 3 aswell.

So good news really, she is getting better rather than worse, eating for herself and is back with her beloved Timmy :love:

I am so pleased to hear that she is doing better now. I hope the abx get rid of the infection and that she'll soon be 100% well again.

On a slightly different note I hope that you have not been effected by the plane crash in the Alps today ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32030270

:cry:

Good to hear Mimi is on the mend. Hope it isn't EC and fingers crossed the test result is negative.

Didn't know your ex moved his new girlfriend in.:( That happened quite fast.

Back