• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wee Wee ever where

maxi

Young Bun
Good evening everyone:wave: I have got 2 minilop Rabbits I bought them when they were 8 weeks old from a breeder Teddy and daisy brother and sister they live in the same cage in the house so when teddy started humping daisy I bought another cage to her in. well when they went for there check up and injections it turned out that Daisy in fact is a little boy ! which I was very shocked at but never mind will love him just the same, I have kept them a part in they are in different cages, they are both going to be neutered at the end of the month, But Buddy ( who used to be Daisy) is weeing on the carpet and around teddys cage I don't let them out together as Buddy trys to hump Teddy so I let them run around the house on there own and there seem to enjoy it. will this weeing stop when they have there operation? Do boys get on well together ? The vet says they will after they are neutered can any one help me please xx:shock:

Hiya..

Sorry to say but they will wee everywhere till they are neutered. It's a form of scenting.... You will find it much easier to litter train once they are done but hormones take a couple of months to settle down,,

Good luck

Fee xxx

Hi, as Fee said they will scent mark everywhere until after neuter, and until their hormones have subsided. You will need to keep them separate for 6 weeks post op to allow hormones to dissipate, and then hopefully they will rebond. you will need to rebond in a small neutral area. Neutered boys can live together happily, my Dandy and Beano are brothers :thumb:

wee wee every where

:wave::wave: Thanks to you both I feel a little bit better at the moment they are living in different cages but in the same room so they can see each other.when I clean them out every day I let one out at a time thanks again have a nice day x:lol:

Hi there :wave: I adopted two brothers and they were happy/fine after neuter and now use their litter tray religiously :)

wee wee every where

:wave:;) Hi Louise thanks foe getting back to me I am sooooo glad I can talk to some one who has 2 boys I wont worry so much hope you and your boys are well xxx:thumb:

Ah thanks :) Good luck to your boys with their neuter. Perry and Basil were absolutely fine and one was eating straight off and the other by the checkup next day :thumb: Xx

Back