• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

interesting facts about bunnies

jenzel5

Mama Doe
I am writing a talk for rabbit owners and was wondering if anyone could share some facts about rabbits that you have learnt since having bunnies that are interesting or you think wasn't common knowledge. :wave:

Rabbits eat their own poo straight from their butts! - that was a strange thing that I didn't know...

My bunny was just lay on his back with his feet in the air, I thought he was dead and his eyes were open! Anyway as I approached him he jumped back up, I think he was having a snooze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bunnies can dream. And have nightmares. :(

One rabbit will defend another who is sick. You would think being a prey species it would be 'Everybun for himself!'

Rabbits know when they're being naughty, as proved by the 'bum wiggle'.

Rabbits flick their ears if annoyed at u! Will also turn their back to u for same reason - mainly a neither land trait I think !!!

The root of a carrot should only be fed to bunnies as a treat.

I'm sure you'll be able to word that better than I can :oops:

Rabbits should eat a ball of hay at least the same size as them every day.

Rabbits are highly social creatures and need a rabbit friend.

Rabbits need a lot of space and should have a minimum of a 6ftx2ft living space attached to a 8ftx4ft exercise space.

Back