• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey & Harvey's first time outside in the sunshine..

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
Hi guys,

well as its been such a gorgeous day, we decided to make up their bunny run and let both buns have their first proper experience of being on the grass in the garden!

Honey loved it, it took her a while to realise she could actually eat the grass.. but certainly enjoyed soaking up the rays;

such a daddy's girl..

With Harvey though we would brave it, and he was brilliant.. absolutely loved being on the grass and pretty much started munching straight away, stomach first.. that's my man! :)

hello everyone

and a video..

xx

Beautiful photos. :love:

Just look at Harvey hopping! Looking at him in the video, you wouldn't believe what a terrible ordeal he had been through. He is an amazing bunny. :love:

Thanks everyone so much - they certainly did enjoy themselves! :)

and thanks Tracy, I know to think how he was almost 6 weeks ago when I was thinking the complete worst.. but he really has been such a brave little bunny and has done amazingly!

as you can tell I am a very proud bunny mummy and love just showing everyone how well he's doing especially after everyone's wonderful support giving us the determination to recover! :love:

Last edited:
Aww lovely photos and video. He's moving amazingly well ! He's a real inspiration to everyone and everybun :love:

Aww thanks for the photos Ruth, really lovely to seem them enjoying the sunshine :love: Are you planning to move them outside or will they remain indoors with access to the garden?

Aww thanks for the photos Ruth, really lovely to seem them enjoying the sunshine :love: Are you planning to move them outside or will they remain indoors with access to the garden?

Aww thank you! :)

Being honest, I really don't know.. They have a brand new 6ft hutch and run we brought for them initially. I would love for them to have the summer outside and enjoy the fresh air, but part of me loves having them inside with us. We really are so close with them! It's a tricky one and especially with everything we've gone through with Harvey.

Can I ask a silly question, if we do put them out in their hutch for the summer, I know they'll be together but will they feel like why have we been moved out?!
And would it be okay to bring them back in when it starts to get colder? Or is it mean to keep moving them? Xx

Not all buns like being outside,my late bridge bun Rio loathed it.We had built a fox proof run etc for him,he was always supervised we never plonked him out and left him.he had a hidey hole etc,however he just froze and hid ,he couldn't wait to go back into his carrier and be indoors again,he was most definitely a house rabbit.His wifey bun was too.All buns are different,you can't make them what they don't want to be.;)

Not all buns like being outside,my late bridge bun Rio loathed it.We had built a fox proof run etc for him,he was always supervised we never plonked him out and left him.he had a hidey hole etc,however he just froze and hid ,he couldn't wait to go back into his carrier and be indoors again,he was most definitely a house rabbit.His wifey bun was too.All buns are different,you can't make them what they don't want to be.;)

Aww bless him.. And oh god, after honey had been out for about 30 mins, she kept running in & out of the carrier, stamping her feet, so it was obvious she'd had enough! As soon as I brought her back in, she flopped out! So it could be she isn't too keen out there. Hmm I'm really not sure, if me or my partner leave the room their in, they come looking for us.. And honey is always jumping up on the sofa, has a quick stroke and then jumps off again and flops out! :)

Think I'll wait and see how they both are in a month or so! But I suppose it's weird for them as being inside with us is all they've ever known!

We have urban foxes in the garden also moggies passing through,so buns would pick up on that,also traffic on two sides of the garden so buns liked the quiet of the house to free roam around in.Thay loved the veg/grass etc ,just didn't want to be there.

Hey, how lovely to see them outside enjoying the sun, my two love going out for a bit of a run around but blosskins especially will soon go in when she has had enough (Uses the cat flap in the back door), Blue quite likes to stay out for a bit longer but in the end they both quite like being house buns and are much more relaxed inside.

So glad to see Harvey doing so well and starting to be able to be and do all things Bunny, well done you for getting him here and nursing him through is ordeal.

Looking forward to seeing them together after their spay / neuter, looks like they will make such a lovely couple.

Nose rubs to Honey and Harvey from all of us.

Aww amazing to see him hopping about in the sunshine with his special Honey :love:

It sounds like they are training their hoomins very well ;)

Aww thank you so much everyone!! They certainly are my little babies, even though they drive me mad with worry! :)

And don't be fooled, they are both very cheeky little buns :love:

Aww thank you so much everyone!! They certainly are my little babies, even though they drive me mad with worry! :)

And don't be fooled, they are both very cheeky little buns :love:

How could those adorable little faces cause any mischief? They are far too cute for trouble :lol:

Back