• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

u/d. NOT recommended: New style carrier - cross between Catit Cabrio and Avior...

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Me bad :oops: I buy pet carrier like some people buy shoes and handbags :oops::oops:

I was looking for a larger carrier as I've lost the metal front off the one I use to take Eloise and Anachy to the vets (she's due her vaccination on Thursday) I don't want to take a massive carrier/Eloise on her own or squash them in a medium carrier so I had the 'excuse' to go carrier shopping again. :oops::oops:

So, I found this:

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_group.asp?dept_id=152&pg_id=3466

:lol::lol: Ok, tiny picture, but you get the idea!

It's not bigger than the Avior carrier (my current favourite) which is a shame because a bigger version of that would be fab.... I 'had' to buy it in both sizes though ... and I'm still on the look out for my bigger carrier ....:oops::oops:

Last edited:
Looks great, and a good price :thumb:

It is. Shame it's only in pink and blue though. I'd like the pink if it was paler, maybe it will be nicer when it arrives. I've bought their own brand carrier before in a different style and they were excellent quality and only £9.99 so I'm expecting good things. It does look like it could be cheap quality from the photo but based on past experience I'm expecting good things.

I'm always on the look out for a good carrier - I rather carelessly left my cabrio with door open between where my Labrador was, and where she wanted to be... Suffice to say the door is not as firmly attached as it once was!

Is the handle in the middle?

It looks a bit further back due to the door/lid, so it would be a bit off balance when carrying them? That could be the angle of the pics though!

I'm always on the look out for a good carrier - I rather carelessly left my cabrio with door open between where my Labrador was, and where she wanted to be... Suffice to say the door is not as firmly attached as it once was!

It looks a bit further back due to the door/lid, so it would be a bit off balance when carrying them? That could be the angle of the pics though!

It's more or less the same shape as the Avior which is really good to carry - until the rabbit goes and jams itself against the back of course then the weight is in the wrong place!

The only potential downsides I can predict with this carrier are that there is only one clip at the front on the clear section - I'm paranoid about them being secure; and secondly the possibility of not enough air vents.

We broke the door on our Cabrio, Hubby bent the door back whilst it was open (when he fell over it:roll:)
With it being like jigsaw, we just bought a new door piece, saved us buying a full new Cabrio carrier. :thumb:

I'm 99% sure I will be sending them back as I really can't see me having the confidence to use them:cry:

It's taken me a good twenty minutes faffing about to get the lid on the base, it needs to go on firmly so basically you have to line the whole lot up in one go then push the clips down but of course as you push at one side the other side slides out of place and then go through the procedure again... again.. and again..!!

When I finally got it fitted the one clip on the clear section at the front only has about 3 - 4mm clearance of the lip on the base to hold the whole of the clear section in place .. this is what you have to rely on to keep you precious cargo safe ... and it doesn't even meet properly and hold onto the black plastic of the base at all!! It's impossible to realign the blue bit at the top as it can only be in one place. I'll fiddle again but have to say I'd always have the thought in the back of my mind that it hadn't met properly. I can just see me trying to manoeuvre 3 carriers in the vet's car park and one of these carriers breaks open and the bunny runs into the road.... *shudders*. So disappointed as the quality of the carrier seemed good on first inspection - there's even rubberised grip on the underside of the handle.

*sigh*. I was so looking forward to using these. :(

Last edited:
How disappointing :(

I need another carrier for when all my lot go to Tuckerbunnies. This looked a good option, but after what you've said about it I'll probably go with another Catit Cabrio.

Having seen your original post, I was quite interested in a couple of these - so I'm pleased you've posted the update.

How disappointing :(

I need another carrier for when all my lot go to Tuckerbunnies. This looked a good option, but after what you've said about it I'll probably go with another Catit Cabrio.

Hugely disappointed! I've never felt confident with the one clip on the front of the Catit Cabrio by itself, but as least you can padlock it. The only issue I have with the CC is the weight.

I had a fiddle with the smaller carrier and the top went on much easier but I then realised that there was no flipping clip on the front to test it!! :evil: That will definitely deserve a complaint/return. Of course I bought one in each colour :oops: of the smaller ones and thank goodness - the blue one went together well and the clip met and was quite secure but I went back to the big carrier and no matter how much effort I go to I can't get the clip to fasten. It turns out the clip itself has a lip on it which is why it doesn't meet and actually would be quite secure if I only had the strength to push it in place... this is while I can move the carrier into 20 different positions to try - try turning it upside down with the bunny inside:roll: :evil: My upper arms actually ache from the effort I've put into this:evil:

I found the RAC one hard to put together: glad I had the OH to help! Secure once together though, but useless for getting an unwilling bun into/out of, so we just use it for moving him about (i.e. run moves etc.). I've got a top-opening Trixie (in a fetching shade of purple) which is better but I prefer to hug-carry it than handle-carry it for any great distance.

I found the RAC one hard to put together: glad I had the OH to help! Secure once together though, but useless for getting an unwilling bun into/out of, so we just use it for moving him about (i.e. run moves etc.). I've got a top-opening Trixie (in a fetching shade of purple) which is better but I prefer to hug-carry it than handle-carry it for any great distance.

Oh, I struggled with the RAC one too. Even worse was when we took Elphie and Galinda for their vaccinations updates in October. Elphie was fine, in our lovely toploading one which is old comparatively speaking but looks brand new. Galinda, meanwhile, was in the RAC one. It took long enough to put together, but then we had to dismantle it again at the vets to get her out of it (and then put it back together again for the ride home!)

I've got to hand it to Pet Planet's customer service - big gold star.

They are going to send out replacements. they have been brilliant.

They asked how I would best like it resolved - refund or replacement and I explained that I really liked the carrier and if they were able to send me a fully assembled one that had been tried and tested then I would be pleased to receive it. I'm presuming that's what they are sending :thumb:

I'll report back if I'm happy with the replacement but customer service gives very promising signs. :D I was so happy with the small blue carrier so if the replacement is as good then I'll be very happy.

We have these ones http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nobby-Transport-Carrier-57-5-39-5/dp/B004QBFKZY and they are a good size and quite strong
we bought ours from The Range but I don't know if they do them anymore. They have grey, blue, green and I think it's red in them.

Thanks. That's the one I'm calling the Avior carrier, it's my current favourite. The Range don't do them anymore but you can get them loads of places now. I can only find them in grey, but that's fine that would be my first choice out of the colours it was made in. One of my favourite features is the hole you can put you hand through to comfort your pet whilst you are in the waiting room (which is somewhere we spend a lot of time waiting!)

Thanks. That's the one I'm calling the Avior carrier, it's my current favourite. The Range don't do them anymore but you can get them loads of places now. I can only find them in grey, but that's fine that would be my first choice out of the colours it was made in. One of my favourite features is the hole you can put you hand through to comfort your pet whilst you are in the waiting room (which is somewhere we spend a lot of time waiting!)

Yes the hole is a good idea for that it's what we thought was a bit different. I think they are a great pet carrier with the front opening door and quite well made as well.

Seriously????

They asked if I wanted a refund or replacement - I said if you can send me a replacement of the large carrier FULLY ASSEMBLED AND TESTED then I would like a replacement rather than a refund. Guess what?? Oh yes, it arrived unassembled :roll: Any bets on if it fastens???
:roll:

:evil::evil:

Back