• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi All , I'm new to the forum (& to owning a 🐰)

dm2423

New Kit
I am the lucky mum to a 6 month old boy bunny called Milo.
I rescued him when he was 4 months from a lady who could bot keep him.
He's areal lovely boy & has been neutered today but doing well.
I was just wondering what your thoughts are on whether he needs a friend or not.
He's a house bun and has loads of time roaming the house with the family (incl my 3 year old). He lives laying with my two dogs (golden retrievers). They get on great.
I'm now wondering if he still needs/would be best to have a female bunny companion as well?
I'm grateful for your thoughts!!
Thanks Danielle

:wave:.. Hi Danielle and Welcome....

Yep, bunnies are social animals and it would be fab if you could get Milo a wee girly to keep him company.

You would need to wait a couple of months till he heals and his hormones die down,,,

There are thousands of rabbits in rescues who need loving homes, the rescue may also help you bond!!

All the very best to you and Milo...

Love
Fee x

Hi
Thanks for your welcome & quick reply.
I was hoping the answer would be yes as I'd love another.
Thanks again
X

:thumb:... Woohoo!!! Glad to hear it.

We'd love to see pics of your furry family including the woofs!!! X

Welcome to RU! I am sure your bunny would love to have a friend :) It's so nice to see them laying down together, exploring and grooming each other. And you know if you have a busy time and can't spend much time with him he still has companionship

Hi all
Thanks for your replies. Sorry I have not had the chance to get back on the forum since I joined but will try to add pics when I get a chance.
Milo is fully recovered from his neutering. I have noticed since the op that his litter training has gone out of the window! I did expect this but 6 weeks on I thought he might go back to his litter box.
So I need some thought on this please......... am I expecting too much too soon? Also he seems a bit grumpy with the new layout in his cage which I thought would help. He has a ferplast casita 120 cage (which he is out of most of the day). This has a shelf area for food but the step up closes in an area underneath. He took to using this enclosed area for his toilet, So i had placed his litter box in there which he used well pre op. However since the op he toilets down that end of the cage and anywhere but the tray. I did also start to think it maybe to closed in for him. I also have tried a litter tray for him the other end of the cage where his hay rack is as I read that they like to poop and eat. He loves the box but to rest in. So I want to leave his rest tray but im not sure what to do about the litter tray - dont want to overcrowd his cage but it would be nice to just have to freshen his litter box (and the main cage too but not so often). Should I put the step back in to create the closed area?
My ideal aim is to get him to sleep/rest with the straw in the enclosed end (with or without step to close it in and use the litter tray (he currently likes as his bed) as a proper litter area! Any advice gratefully accepted - thank you x

Welcome. I would leave the litter tray where it is if he's now using it again. I'd also look at getting a suitable friend for him from a rescue.
Some buns choose to use the litter tray as a bed

I would just take the plastic shelf out of the cage altogether. That way he would maybe venture into the litter tray more.

Thank you for replies.

I will defo get him a wife once back from my holiday early june. I would prefer to give a living home to a rescue bun so will search for her soon.

Thanks ����

Back