• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly me, Looked on Gumtree Again

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Reason for rehoming: 'we have had to move him out of sight as he keeps mounting his toys and I dont want my toddler seeing that sort of thing'...........

Another one : 'she likes eating fruit (pic of Bunny eating an orange) and drinking MILK

*sigh*

Back to my embargo on looking at the Freeads.................

I think that's officially the stupidest reason I've ever seen for rehoming :lol: The logic of some people on free ads is just astounding.

On the plus side maybe the rabbit will find a better home now. Same with the idiot feeding oranges and milk :roll:

OMG, the poor rabbit. I hope someone gives it a home it deserves. So sad. I can't bear to look on Gumtree at the pets being advertised. :cry:

:(
I despair of people. I don't dare look at things like craigslist here especially right now. I just know there's got to be tonnes of "free Easter bunny" ads with photos of three to a wire bottom cage. :cry:
And of course just a few weeks ago while trying to find some airline carriers I came across a "free to good home" with a picture of a dog who could've been Shadow's twin brother, caged in a dog run that proportionally would've been like putting a conti in a hamster pen. :evil: Took all I had to close the window. :cry::cry::cry:

Animals in ads here are in unspeakable peril simply due to the nature of our environment and the rather backwoods mentality of most people who live here. It eats at my heart.

There's a reason that rehoming my pets before we move is NOT an option, even if I could. :( (my own son thinks I'm being 'selfish' for wanting to take them all on the plane...he has no clue :roll: )

I'll join you in that embargo, Jane.

((((((((((Sending hugs))))))))) xxxxx

Just when you think you've heard the most stupid reason, some idiot manages to top it. :roll: I really do despair.

Poor bunnies. I hope they end up in a better place.

Poor rabbits. Hope they do find a better home.

I try so hard not to look at these ads but it's like an addiction. Same as going in p@h whenever I go to the retail park and peeping in the pet shop window down the road from my office - although they've had no rabbits in there for a couple of weeks. I haven't plucked up the courage to ask if shes stopped selling them though in case I don't like the answer and I certainly don't want to inadvertently create a demand.

Poor bunnies :( some people shouldn't vw allowed pets! Too many people sit understand rabbits and there needs, I've just rescued my sam from a facebook ad that stated he was for free she went on to say have him for dinner for all I care :(

Back