• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Discouraging foxes from the garden

I saw a fox stood on the Wendy house roof this morning. I scared it off and checked that the little ones were all fine (thankfully all were hiding in their 'bedrooms' and happy to come out when I called).

It was obvious that the fox had been digging/pulling at the bush in front of one of the hutches though. I'd noticed something had been there before but it wasn't to the same extent as today.
The hutches and runs are all galvanised wire/wood, with chicken wire buried underneath so I don't think the fox can get in, but I know they are persistent and am concerned about the buns being scared.

Any ideas on how to discourage foxes from the area (bearing in mind we also have cats)?

I think you can get some sort of detterent called a foxwatch but I don't know if they work. I'm afraid chicken wire won't stop foxes, needs to be 19g or preferably 16g weld mesh 1/2 " x 1" maximum hole size.

I have a couple of fox watches and some Scoot powder which I make into a spray. Never seen foxes but I'm paranoid. Read all the reviews and those two products seemed the most effective.

Foxwatches (from Concept Research) are excellent. get these ones not any cheaper ones - these are activated by fox so they learn to avoid the area - the ones that are just on all the time become like just background noise and foxes forget about them

We have tried everything... Sonic sounders, mens urine!!... Scaring them off, water sprays, lion poo!

None of it works,,, they are determined and tenacious and consistently come back!!

Foxes are beautiful but OMG , i hate them when they bother the bunnies...

I have my runs on slabs with slabs surrounding the runs to stop them moving so they cant dig in.. They have attempted to rip the wire off the run though?

You have my sympathy..

Fee x

We have used "get off" crystals and that seems to have sufficiently put them off. We live opposite fields though, so I think they have more interesting things to do than our garden thankfully!

We have tried everything... Sonic sounders, mens urine!!... Scaring them off, water sprays, lion poo!

None of it works,,, they are determined and tenacious and consistently come back!!

Foxes are beautiful but OMG , i hate them when they bother the bunnies...

I have my runs on slabs with slabs surrounding the runs to stop them moving so they cant dig in.. They have attempted to rip the wire off the run though?

You have my sympathy..

Fee x

Lion Poo? Where did you get that?

I am seriously investigating an electric fence ....

It was advertised on the net as a bag of lion dung... My friend got it for foxes in her garden... It came in a big bag, too big actually and she gave me some.. It was dried but smelled.

It didnt work for her either and she took it to the tip...

Fee x

Back