• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hopper group in North Cambridgeshire/West Norfolk

sashababe

Warren Scout
Myself and another lady are trying to set up a RWAF hopper group in our area (North Cambs and NW Norfolk), doing some awareness days and for rabbit chat! Are there any RWAF members in the area who would be interested in joining? I am Peterborough based and she is near Wisbech so we're planning to do events/meetings both places and in-between. Drop me a PM if so :wave:

Holly

Just a quick bump up in case any local folk missed it. We are a very friendly pair, we chatted for 2 hours about buns at our first meeting so you would be in good bunny company :lol:

Hi

I am 10km southwest of peterborough -

I am running a forage identification day here on the 31st May (already had one on the 17th May) and would be happy to host a hoppergroup event in the future.

Hi parsnipbun,

So sorry, I had stopped checking the thread so missed this very kind offer. We are mostly doing outings and awareness days initially but in the future, that would be fantastic, thanks so much. If you fancy joining us on days out or anything I can also drop you a pm when we arrange them :) will you be holding any more foraging days?

Sarah it would be great to chat if you are still interested, I've sent you a pm :wave:

Holly

If you get this set up proper let me know :) you're kind of in Rabbit Residence territory! Have already started building connections with the Beds/Herts/Bucks Hopper group and Julie, the head of that group, came to visit RRR. Could arrange a Hopper group visit!

If we do anything Norwich way I'll definitely get in touch, I don't know the area very well but will ask my fellow hopper as she is further east :)

Catxx a visit to RR sounds good! I've been a couple of times with apple twigs and it seems like a great rescue, glad to hear you've got support from a hopper group :thumb:

I am in Peterborough but no longer a member of road. It would be nice to meet other bunny people and maybe learn something new

Hi parsnipbun,

So sorry, I had stopped checking the thread so missed this very kind offer. We are mostly doing outings and awareness days initially but in the future, that would be fantastic, thanks so much. If you fancy joining us on days out or anything I can also drop you a pm when we arrange them :) will you be holding any more foraging days?

Sarah it would be great to chat if you are still interested, I've sent you a pm :wave:

Holly

Hi

You can set a messaging thing up to 'watch' the thread in 'preferences'. So you get an email when someone replies! Still very happy to host something here. Email me twigsway@me.com

Hi guys, did you set up a group in the end? I'm in March and would l love to meet some other bunny people :)

Hi SammyJae,

We are still mainly the 2 of us but meet up from time to time, and I went along to the foraging walk near Peterborough recently. Think we would be hoping to meet up for a social day/afternoon some point before Christmas so I'll pop something on this thread a bit nearer the time :)

Hi All,

Our little hopper group is planning to have a social meet-up in November; either Saturday 7th, or afternoon of Saturday 21st dependant on best dates for people. We will be meeting near Wisbech, if anyone is interested in coming along feel free to drop me a PM or post on this thread :)

Do you have a non-RU contact?? Email address or something. I'm sure Rabbit Residence has lots of adoptees/volunteers/supporters in that neck of the woods who would be interested :D

Another possibility is during the day of Sunday 8th instead if that would work for you SammyJae? If not, what time in the evening can you do from? We were thinking daytime might be better as most places would be noisy on a Saturday night but sure we can work around it if suits everyone best. Would either of those work for you obsessedwithanimals?

We will be meeting on Sunday the 8th November, about 2pm, at the Orchard Tea Rooms - http://theorchardtearoom.co.uk/where-to-find-us/ - just off the A47 near Wisbech.

Would be great to meet any fellow bunny folk who can make it along! It's quite small so anyone should find us easily - I will wear something bunny themed to make it obvious!!

Holly

Back