• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Cotton Tails

Henry_Dixie

Young Bun
I am currently hand rearing 3 baby cotton tails, I have had them just over 1 week now. They originally came to me with eyes and ear closed. Hand rearing is not new to me as I have reared kittens, badgers, foxes, squirrels and birds in the past but cotton tails are new to me. They are coming up to the age of weaning now, what foods do i introduce? rabbit mix? or do you keep it as natural as possible? I know rabbits have such sensitive digestive systems!

I always try to release where possible, should these rabbits be released? I know you can only release indigenous species but I'm not sure if they are? What are their chance of survival? Would they even cope in captivity?

I hope someone has been in this position and can answer these questions!! Thanks in advance.

Aww :love: Maybe you could see about a local wildlife hospital to support you? And if you do decide to keep them as pets, there are many people here (including myself) that have.

Back