• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

thumping - am i doing the right thing

Jenny Jump

Warren Scout
I have just brought the girl I want to bond with our boy indoors, out of earshot of the boy to interrupt and end the thump fest they were having. Was that right, I tried for 30 mins or more to get them to stop but they were sparking eachother off. Quiet now.

Jenny Jump

Were they being housed together or nearby? If she is an outdoor bun, I wouldn't bring her in and put her out but you could put her somewhere cool with the window open.

Are you sure they were thumping at each other and not a predator in the garden?

Thanks for your advice. I don't think there was a predator in the garden. They started kicking off when I wrapped up the hutch for the night. She might have found that scary. Then the boy was joining in, and between them I think they were convinced there was something very bad going on. In the end I did bring her in to stay in a cool room overnight. Since that evening there has been no repeat.

Back