• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weird things that make your rabbits thump?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I was grinding up digestive biscuits earlier to make tiffin and Apache hated it :shock: Thump central!

I wondered if it was coincidence but I made a second batch and the same thing happened.

What weird things do your rabbits make a fuss over?

Hiccups :roll: I guess I don't do it enough for them to get used to the noise so they freak out! When I do get them though I find them hard to get rid of so I have to walk about the room with them running away and thumping.

My bridge bunny would thump if the food didn't go from the bag to in front of her within a few seconds. She was bossy!

My rabbit just ran under the book shelf and started thumping - the first time I've ever heard her do it and all I had done was move her water bowl to a better lit spot but she was looking at it like it had cooties until I moved it back! My other girl is very thumpy - mostly at me :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine used to thump at the "Angry Birds" music when I was playing on my phone at night. :lol: Xena completely freaked out so I had to mute it.

Shaking a can of spray paint OH shook it as he walked past the buns setup to the garage and Nancy went crazy thumping. (He didn't spray near them obviously ) . But did shake it again later to see if that was the reason for her thumping. I felt like shaking him when he told me.

My very first bunny as a child was terrified of helium balloons! We ended up feeling really guilty as I had one in the dining room (he was a house bun but shut in the dining room when we were out) and he was a bit off for a few days, really nervy and unsettled. We were close to taking him to the vets when I moved the balloon and as it swayed about he shot into the corner and thumped frantically for ages :( we took the balloon away and he went back to normal straight away!

We worked out that he saw an item hovering above him as a bird of prey or something :( and he had had it hovering over him for days :(

None of my rabbits since then have ever seen a helium balloon, so it might just have been him being odd but I don't want to risk it! Shame really as deep down when I see them for sale I still want one just as much as I did when I was 5 :oops: :lol:

Kizzy will thump if there's hair in her water bowl. She'll go to her nice clean fresh water bowl scratch her ear, notice that hair has gone into her bowl and thump for me to change it.

Fiver does not like any clicking noise: i.e. computer keys being struck, gaming system buttons or snapping compartments on boxes (like pill dispensers). He also has a tendency to thump at what seems like nothing...no sound no motion...just out of the blue. No idea what is setting him off.

Pip will thump if Jenna (Yorkie) plays with one of her squeaky toys nearby her.

Mimzy will thump at vibrations. He is deaf so it's always a surprise when he does it because you just assume he is hearing something. :shock:

Jenna will run like the dickens if any bunny thumps. :(

Lopsy was inexplicably doing it in the attic: RUers reckoned it may be bats! :lol: May be true, in fact: it tended to be warmer nights/days! Never heard him thump outside, and I can hear his ball rolling about now he's next to the house, but it's only been 2 weeks that he's been that close.

Athena thumps when people sneeze.

And not a fear-thump but Galinda thumps if I am not quick enough with the grub! Demanding little diva.

Sizzling pans freak my bunnies out, if my OH is doing a stir fry we have to ensure the door to the utility is closed before the stuff goes in to fry. They can still hear it when the door is closed but if its open it completely freaks them out!

Holly thumps if we don't leave a night light on...she also thumps when she and Sheldon get locked out of their pen whilst I'm cleaning it.
Only other bun that thumps is Bobo..but have no idea why as he is often just staring at a wall when doing it. 😊

Bella saw her own reflection once and hid under the bed thumping for ages. Only when I covered the mirror up did she dare to come back out, and even then I had to tempt her with treats :lol: Boris used to thump at pretty much everything, he was such a whimp bless him.

chopping food, sizzling pan, they thump if my phone isn't on silent and I get a message, Tia thumps at men wearing black on tv... Rupert thumps if the tv isn't on lol

Sizzling pans freak my bunnies out, if my OH is doing a stir fry we have to ensure the door to the utility is closed before the stuff goes in to fry. They can still hear it when the door is closed but if its open it completely freaks them out!
Mine do this too. I think it's more the smell of the cooking though like when the air isn't clear or there's smoke from frying.

Also Lola stomps at her own reflection tehe
2c0c36ce5cf7fc402f01979799f6ba3c.jpg

I had something to do with the queen on the tv once, not loud at all and I was faffing about doing other bits and bobs in the flat, all of a sudden Rex started thumping and I had no idea why.... until I looked at the TV and the brass band was playing. Rex thinks the queens band is rubbish :lol:

Back