• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dandelion's had most of his teeth out - what do I feed a Gummy Bunny???

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Poor Dandelion's teeth were a real mess - 5 years of no problems, then one cracked tooth last November led to all sorts of problems. He had a dental yesterday that was just going to be for burring his molars and removing some spurs. He's ended up with just 2 back teeth left and his incisors!

He's home now, and we're doing regular syringe feeds of porridge made from ground oats and Ella's Kitchen baby food puree in a variety of fruit and veg flavours. He's eaten some pansies and mint leaves, but there's not much soft forage available at the moment. He has porridge oats too, which he seems to be coping with. But what else can I tempt him with that he can eat whilst his gums heal?

When Nena started being less sore in her mouth she loved gobbling up recovery food mixed with ella's kitchen into a paste like consistency - definitely worth a go as at least you know it has enough beneficial fibre in it :thumb: She usually liked it off a spoon.

Last edited:
When Nena started being less sore in her mouth she loved gobbling up recovery food mixed with ella's kitchen into a paste like consistency - definitely worth a go as at least you know it has enough beneficial fibre in it :thumb: She usually liked it off a spoon.

He won't take recovery food - he was good as gold for the vet nurses with the porridge and EK food I sent, but wouldn't co-operate with the recovery food.

Back