• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Big Cat Encounter

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
Took OH to the Wildlife Heritage Foundation in Kent for an overnight big cat encounter for his birthday last week.

We got to go in the enclosures of many of the big cats during our stay and even stroke, hand feed and help train some of them too. I was a truly amazing once in a lifetime experience for both of us especially as the foundation doesn't open to the public.

We learnt a lot about the different breeds including some I hadn't seen before, their behaviour, the breeding programmes the foundation are involved with and also lots of other interesting information on each individual cat.

Tiny the African Lion watching us eat our afternoon tea

His brother Manzi who I got to stroke.

& the third brother Kafara

Athena the Black Jaguar who I fed

Nias the sumatran tiger

Clouded leopard Ben

Snow leopard Laila and her stunning mate

Samia, part of the serval family we got to fed and stroke.

Little Nuwara the rusty spotted cat

Petra the Lynx

Mummy pallas cat Tula & her baby

The white lion cub we fed

Cheetah brothers murphy & martin

Jack the jungle cat he was one of the breeds I hadn't seen previously

Yazhi the puma who I stroked

Xizi the pretty Amur leopard

Joy, Sophia & Themba the white lions

Mia the Cheetah we helped clicker train

Stunning Amur Tiger Pan

Neptune the fishing cat

We also saw several other family groups of tigers, pumas and leopards, including a 19 year old hybrid tiger that was rescued from the circus who we had fed
& a caracal

Last edited:
That's awesome :D I love caracals, one of my favourite animals: not even sure why, there's just something about them! Really beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing :)

Awesome! Cheetahs and tigers are my favourites. I would love to meet some not trying to eat me one day.

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!! Incredible photos......they would make great subject matter for a calendar...... I would buy one if you were to consider the idea!!!

And more WOW!!!!!

Wow, what a fantastic birthday present, that's my kind of pressie ! They are all stunning, but oh Ben, he is just so gorgeous :love::love:

Stunning pictures! :D xx

Looks like a fantastic experience!! A lot of species there I've not seen before myself! I especially love the pic of the Cheetah being Clicker trained! :lol:

And its funny to see a Cheetah being fed the same thing I give my dogs - raw chicken drumsticks! xx :p xx

OMG...white lions! :love::love::love:
Most beautiful cats on the planet, full stop. :love:
How big was the cub? :shock: Looks to be huge!

I've never seen a pallas cat before, although I had a plush of one once. They have such perpetually surprised eyes.
Nuwara reminds me of the kitty who keeps coming into my yard to beat up my cat. :? It looks like a regular moggy almost.

They are all gorgeous. I especially like the tigers and snow leopards also. :) Thank you for sharing these lovely picutres. :)

Absolutely incredible! I've asked the OH if we can do this some time, it looks so amazing and the cats are beautiful!

Back