• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to get hay in Essex

Vilija

Warren Scout
Can anyone recommend a hay supplier like a farm or a horse feed supplier which sells cheap meadow or timothy hay bales in essex preferably around grays, chelmsford area? the problem is I need them to be able to deliver as i don't drive and the only one i found only sells and delivers bales in bulk (20 bales) and i really can't store more than 2 or 3 at a time. thanks.

Last edited:
I would maybe alter your thread title to include your town, hope someone local can help :thumb:

I get mine from either Manor Farm in Ockendon/Upminster or The Burstead Farm Shop in Billericay but I don't know if either of them deliver, sorry.

unfortunately as all of the suggestions do not deliver, does anyone know of other hay suppliers?

already use hay for pets, timothy hay and the hay experts but was hoping for something cheaper locally..thank you anyway dust free hay is new :)

with the hay express.. sorry am I being daft or are there no prices listed?

I've just had another look. The minimum number of bales for delivery seems to be 15 (for which you get a price). Obviously too many for you!

I've got a couple of spare B&M bags (about a quarter bale each) if you want them:? I'll only charge what I paid. I'm coming down to Shenfield in just under a fortnight for a few days so could drop them off sometime? Or I could pick you up a couple of bales from Brentwood if you like? Not going to solve your problem longterm but might help for a few weeks :)

Thank you for the kind offer... I do have hay and ordered some more however I was simply hoping that someone knew of a better place to buy it as deans meadow hay doesn't last very long but it seems I'll have to stick with it for now. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Back