• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

mabel check up tomo

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
I have booked her in, I think she may need a dental as I have had alook in her mouth over last few weeks, abit of food collecting on right side again top a few spurs, and then the smell of needing dental if anyone understands what I mean. but that's only because you can smell it on the instrument I use to check her :oops::lol: other then tat she is all ok, wont stop her eating and could do with losing alittle weight since all treats at Christmas :lol:

I have booked her in, I think she may need a dental as I have had alook in her mouth over last few weeks, abit of food collecting on right side again top a few spurs, and then the smell of needing dental if anyone understands what I mean. but that's only because you can smell it on the instrument I use to check her :oops::lol: other then tat she is all ok, wont stop her eating and could do with losing alittle weight since all treats at Christmas :lol:

..........and Mabels, you is not fat you is fluffy !! :love: :D

..........and Mabels, you is not fat you is fluffy !! :love: :D

thankyou says mabels that's what granddad says he says I good size, I went and vet agreed with mummy to do my spurs mummy saw on my rights side of mouth, vet said then I should learn to use that side better, I is home now and already been chewing on that side of my mouth, its still little sore but I Is chewing how I should be
vet nurse fell in love with me, she new there mummy said not seen her before, she took shine to me and looked after me, said I was a superstar model patient, she gave me some spinach but I didn't want any of that then she gave me something orange a carrots I soon perked up, mummy laughed said I would do as I am not allowed carrots :lol: but its a one off and to get me eating again then that's ok

got me check ups again in a week

mabel is going in for check up tomo week afer dental for them to see if teeth looking ok, i had look at her molars this eveing and have to say i am pleased with how they look especially the right side which are always the ones, never been so happy looking in her mouth and seeing them look so well, i wonder if it i because i stopped her 2 ss pellets in morning annd now giive hera fibafirst stick instead along with her hays

mabel passed her check up :), she actually wear her top molars down very well, its just the right lower and a tiny pocket that we have to keep an eye on, that's the one in past where when I have checked and seen food build up and not moving and known its time for dentals

mabel passed her check up :), she actually wear her top molars down very well, its just the right lower and a tiny pocket that we have to keep an eye on, that's the one in past where when I have checked and seen food build up and not moving and known its time for dentals

I'm glad Miss Mabels check up went well Lisa. Hopefully she'll keep munching lots of hay and she will not need another Dental for a good few months xx

Back