• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gotcha, Athena!

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
Hallo!

9r3fxv.jpg

My name is Athena and my HuMama rescued me today. Isn't that awesome?

She and my HumaNan didn't know they were getting me, but I sure as heck knew. Something in my ears told me that they are the ones. They looked at me, in my small "rescue me" pen at a pet shop that shan't be named and realised just how cute I was. But then, they turned away and went to look at other stuff. Including a younger blue English Lop. I mean, why would they want another blue lop when that's what my brand new big sisters, Elphie and Galinda are? Especially when they already said they shouldn't get another bunny. Humans are strange.

They nearly left without me, can you believe it? If it weren't for HumaNan remembering that HuMama wanted some more water bottles for my sisters, then they wouldn't have turned back and asked about me.

Once back inside (thank goodness!) they looked at the sign stating my name was Guinevere and I needed a special home because I have special needs. I mean, of COURSE I have special needs, because I am so fantastic. But according to one of the human staff, my special needs amounted to nothing more than my age.

So, I put on my cutest act, all periscoping and curiosity and "aren't I the cutest little thing ever"? And lo and behold, it worked!

I had to leave HuMama behind for a little while to get a microchip (owwww) and then they booked me in for a spay (what's a spay???) and then we went home.

They set me up a nice little corner in the dining room to settle in. I know they said they wanted me outside with a husbun (what's a husbun???) but I proved them wrong. I need to be an indoor bunny because I am just that great. Sorry, Elphie and Galinda, but the little sister is showing you up already.

wwfbev.jpg

Anyway, I am home now and eating tonnes of pellets and snuggling in a box of hay. I have already flopped a couple of times and I know what my new name is. ATHENA. So much better than Guinevere, right?

I will speak to you soon, I am sure!

Kisses!
1puy69.jpg

Athena
xxxxxx

---------------------------------

I really, really didn't want another rabbit yet. But when we went to Pets at Home for some spare water bottles, and to consider a new scratching post for the cats, my mum and I both fell in love with Athena. If we had completely forgotten the water bottles, she wouldn't have come home with us at all. But when I saw she had "special needs" I knew I had to ask. And when I asked about that, the balls were all set into motion.

The rescue part of Pets at Home is seriously shocking. They didn't ask us any questions about rabbit care (we supplied the fact we have experience with rabbits, and lionheads specifically anyhow), and I had to ask for the promised voucher of vaccinations else they would have forgotten it. No questions about the size of her accomadation and so on. I don't think they'd have even bothered to mention the neutering if we hadn't asked, and that's meant to be part and parcel of the rescue scheme.

But yes, Athena is destined to become a house rabbit now. She seems like a darling already. She's very curious and sweet, always on the go. She loves pellets but will have to learn to love her veg too. And she has settled in very well already - all the signs you'd want to see are there, eating, drinking, pooping and so on.

Also, I know she's got at least some lionhead in her, but her magnificent ears and facial structure really seem to suggest she's a lionhead cross. Any guesses? I'm already curious as to how big she'll grow - and if she'll ever grow into said ears!

-----

Hey, HuMama, you need to update your signature to include me!

Athena
xxxxxx

I was at the pah adoption section in my local shop today and the had two very big buns in there. I only just got my bun on Monday so there was no way I could get another yet. It sounds like she stolen a piece of your heart!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep just "too old to sell" in the traditional way, so bundled up for half price including vaccination and neutering. Her birthday is end of October so she is just under five months old. Which, really, is still a youngster in my eyes.

We actually saw her for sale in the regular area about a month ago. Surprised she wasn't snapped up in a heartbeat as she is a stunner and so friendly for an unaltered doe.

Sorry to hijack your thread little Athena but I was just wondering if your bunny sister Elphie happened to be from RSPCA Walsall?

Hallo BeeBee,

HuMama tells me that no, nah and nope, big sisters Elphie and Galinda are from Suffolk somewheres. Before she knew about being able to ADOPT rabbits instead. Don't tell her off though, because we all make mistakes. We're not all inherently awesome like me.

Athena
xxxxxx

I'm getting a few more pictures of Athena.

She is so hyperactive and ridiculously curious. We've already started letting her free range because she seems to want to explore and stretch her legs. She's binkying all over the place and bothering the cats. Nyssa doesn't know what to make of her. Athena is obsessed with Zara, but Zara really doesn't know what to make of her either. I took a video of her playing but I don't know how to get it off my camera yet. As soon as I figure it out, I'll do it. However, she doesn't seem to settle down, ever. That's how energetic she is right now.

Athena & Zara
9j29me.jpg

Demanding scritches

Flop mode initiated
rm7784.jpg

Baby Blues
hum1qv.jpg

Last edited:
Back