• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

thoughts on Albert? should I separate?

weeble

I have been a bit naughty and increased Alberts metacam slightly. It does seem to have worked in that he seems a bit more upright and mobile

I noticed this morning that evie has started humping him. I don't know if this is spring on the way the excitement of changing to straw or what but it won't be helping his back end. She also knocks him over when she runs in for food. The long term plan is to bond her with b c and f and I'm wondering whether to try that now so Albert won't get hurt. But then he could be lonely Arghh don't know what to do

I dont think I would want to completely separate them. Maybe have them living right next to each other and only actually together when supervised ? I think it may have a detrimental effect on Albert if he has to be completely alone, especially if he is living outdoors.

The alternative would be to have him as a House Rabbit, but if there would be no-one home most days that too would not be ideal. He'd still be alone a lot.

I agree with Jane. I've got a Similar situation a c chose to keep them together because of the emotional damage it would do to my bunnies to be separated and how emotional wellbeing can heavily impact on physical wellness too.

They aren't close Albert has always been quite aloof he never really bonded when he was part of a group either which is the reason I would consider it. I can't easily put them next to each other as evie would also be alone then too which I don't think is fair

I would love a house rabbit again but Albert was a nightmare indoors he decided he was no longer litter trained and dug and chewed everything. I also wouldn't feel safe with the cats two of them are expert door openers

Oh dear, what a predicament :cry: I'm not sure what I'd do tbh but I'd try to choose the option that gives Albert quality of life over quantity xx

Back