• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO minilop1 - Warning, cute Yorkie pix ahead :)

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
After reading through your threads on the new Yorkie companion that your granddad now has, I thought I'd post a few pix of Jenna. Especially since today she had a much needed shave and bath. I'm afraid her haircut didn't come out as well as Barney's. :(

Before: (couldn't tell her apart from the other dust bunnies rolling about on the floor)
Jenna%2520pix%2520copies%25203-14-15%2520002.jpg

After: Sulking and not wanting to give me a smile for the camera. :?
even%2520more%2520Jenna%2520haircut%2520pix%25203-14-15%2520005.jpg

Also thought I'd add just a wee bit of video of her daily outing from last week. It's not long, but you can see how high the snow was after our big storm. :)
[video]https://picasaweb.google.com/117989077775513981134/March82015#6123997836738267842[/video]

Sorry, embedding isn't working for me. :(
And please pardon my sniffling, but it was a good -15 F out there that morning! :shock:

Aww :love: I love her coat :love: that snow :shock: and - 15 f OMG :shock:

Thank you :D yes it's all soft now that she's had a trim up and a bath. I just wish it was easier on her, she may have the beginnings of arthritis in her rear legs, she was hard pressed to stand for me for long before she just wanted to sit down. She's only 7 this year. :(
Of course all the bending over and twisting I had to do to get her done has me a bit creaky too today. :lol: Couple of old farts we are! :roll:

Yeah, we've had a spate of deep cold that is (hopefully) winter's last gasp. It was reading -30 on my phone weather app this morning...I did NOT want to go out for walkies with either of the dogs when I saw that. :shock: But since I can't seem to teach either of them to use the loo, one must needs do. :?

ETA: whoops...just realized when you said coat you meant her outdoor jacket! :lol: Okay...haven't had my coffee yet so, please excuse the brain fog! :lol:
I got that years ago and it's the only one that still fits her, albeit it's a bit big. Most of her jackets/sweaters have now shrunk (or she's gotten bigger, not sure) but it's a real fight to get her into some of them. I'll be glad when we're down in the states again and she won't need to wear this stuff anymore. :)
I showed a picture of her in her gear to my birthdad and he laughed about her being spoiled...hurt my feelings. :( She's not a bit spoiled...I don't think. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you :D yes it's all soft now that she's had a trim up and a bath. I just wish it was easier on her, she may have the beginnings of arthritis in her rear legs, she was hard pressed to stand for me for long before she just wanted to sit down. She's only 7 this year. :(
Of course all the bending over and twisting I had to do to get her done has me a bit creaky too today. :lol: Couple of old farts we are! :roll:

Yeah, we've had a spate of deep cold that is (hopefully) winter's last gasp. It was reading -30 on my phone weather app this morning...I did NOT want to go out for walkies with either of the dogs when I saw that. :shock: But since I can't seem to teach either of them to use the loo, one must needs do. :?

ETA: whoops...just realized when you said coat you meant her outdoor jacket! :lol: Okay...haven't had my coffee yet so, please excuse the brain fog! :lol:
I got that years ago and it's the only one that still fits her, albeit it's a bit big. Most of her jackets/sweaters have now shrunk (or she's gotten bigger, not sure) but it's a real fight to get her into some of them. I'll be glad when we're down in the states again and she won't need to wear this stuff anymore. :)
I showed a picture of her in her gear to my birthdad and he laughed about her being spoiled...hurt my feelings. :( She's not a bit spoiled...I don't think. ;)

Her furry coat is gorgeous too of course :love: I don't think it is spoiling her to put a coat on at those temperatures :shock: I feel cold just thinking about it! When do you move?

Bless her !! :love: She looks so glossy after her beauty treatment :love:

I would never be able to stay upright in temperatures as low as 15f :shock:

Her furry coat is gorgeous too of course :love: I don't think it is spoiling her to put a coat on at those temperatures :shock: I feel cold just thinking about it! When do you move?

Yeah, I tried explaining it to him but I got cross. :lol: We are supposed to move sometime this summer. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out this time, we've only been trying to leave for three years now! :shock:

Bless her !! :love: She looks so glossy after her beauty treatment :love:

I would never be able to stay upright in temperatures as low as 15f :shock:

Aw, thank you, Jane. :love: Her fur is actually a combination of cotton coat and silky...some of the long tendrils are quite soft, but with our well water and all the iron that comes through, it's really hard stuff and it ruins all our hair. Mine is coming out in handfuls. :(
She is lovely and soft now, but I keep finding spots I missed the length and now when she sees me picking at a spot she hides under the pillow because she knows I'll pull out the little snips for a trim up. Poor thing! :lol:

We finally got our 20 F above today so she and I had a good long walk which we haven't been able to do for awhile. She actually sat in the snow with her (almost) bare bottom! :shock: Poor girlie is getting a bit tubby though so she needs the exercise! (That's her, not me, though I could stand to move about more.) :D
And this has been a mild winter! They had to start the Iditarod in Fairbanks because there wasn't any snow in Anchorage. :(

Back