• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasper & Wendy moved in together!!

xnaomix

Warren Scout
How sweet are these two together.. Jaspers desperate for Wendy to groom him [emoji23]
e480db6307f279c7bdd38149e42d55e8.jpg
0e0e1d7aefdb49e523471269bc3ca52c.jpg
b07886801ea5a65c684186155190877a.jpg
b11e741f523d0e6c1780c2f6bf3258e6.jpg
975444466b4b94ab5c69cf2c17e7c0a3.jpg

Wendy is Deffo the boss she's put jasper in his place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How cute! :love:

A word of advice, though - sawdust/shavings aren't generally recommended as a) they're very messy and b) they can cause health problems. When I used them (before I knew better), I always found they were SO messy! Alfrid would get them stuck to his feet and trail them around, and I'd always be sweeping up after him :roll: :lol:

I hope the couple are happy in their new home! :)

Ooo I never knew it was bad for them, iv always used it! So what do you use instead?
They seem happy together although Harry keeps pestering them when he's out [emoji35]

You have 2 very beautiful bunnies :love: Shavings can cause respiratory problems especially if they are in an enclosed area as they can give off toxins. Are the rabbits litter trained - I assume their litter tray is in the hutch part. You could put a table in there for them to jump on and maybe think of a way to stop the dog from worrying them.

Ooo I never knew it was bad for them, iv always used it! So what do you use instead?
They seem happy together although Harry keeps pestering them when he's out [emoji35]

I use hay in my dog crate (Alfrid is indoors), but you don't necessarily need to use anything! If they have bedding in their enclosed bit, then I'd be tempted to just leave it bare, and would only put something down if it started making their hocks sore or something. It helps their nails stay short as well :)

Also agree with tonibun about adding a bit more enrichment - some tunnels or hidey holes, so that if the dog scares them they have somewhere outside to hide :)

It's not a dog lol Harry is my other rabbit.. He's a very naughty mischievous bunny that likes to annoy jasper! In the shed bit they have a litter tray hay and two levels! We're still waiting on the levels for the other bit.. They half run of the garden for half the day aswell so are never bored!
Jasper is litter trained but Wendy just hasn't got the hang of it so if I put nothing in its seep into the wood and wouldn't be pleasant [emoji53]

Sorry predictive text [emoji53] hope you get the idea of what I mean lol

Ohhh haha - sorry! Aw, he sounds curious :) Hmm. Have you thought about or tried putting another litter-tray outside, in case that might tempt Wendy to use it? I assume she's spayed?

She's not no he's neutered though.. Her turn next month! Iv gave them seperate trays because of her being put off by his smell but nothing.. She might be better onces she's been spayed?! He calmed down a lot with his poos once he's been neutered

Sorry, thought Harry must be a dog :lol: I am not sure which is worse. He doesn't cause referred aggression then so that's something to be thankful for. Do they try to bite one another through the wire?

They did do but don't now luckily he just try's to annoy him then gives in and sits next to the hutch I feel bad.. He looks all left out lol but I don't dare let them meet they did the other day because you husband left the door open [emoji19]didn't go well.. It's very scary how nasty they are isn't it

Back