• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's your rabbits favourtie food?

Bunny9930

Young Bun
97782a4b5b35f0ac97d6411d97a4525e.jpg

My bunnies love bamboo! And just food in general. :)

I have looked at bamboo in the past as my neighbour has some and it grows thru the fence :evil:

It's poisonous for bunnies so be careful:)

Some people say that bunnies know what is good food and what is bad, I think that we have domesticated these rabbits for so long that they have forgotten some of the food rules and will try anything :roll:

Just as a question how long have they been eating it as this may mean it's actually safe and not as toxic as first thought ;)

My two bridge buns loved fresh dandelion leaves,luckily I had a garden so could cultivate them,my wee budgie "Jinks" eats them too.

I have looked at bamboo in the past as my neighbour has some and it grows thru the fence :evil:

It's poisonous for bunnies so be careful:)

Some people say that bunnies know what is good food and what is bad, I think that we have domesticated these rabbits for so long that they have forgotten some of the food rules and will try anything :roll:

Just as a question how long have they been eating it as this may mean it's actually safe and not as toxic as first thought ;)

I'm pretty sure that bamboo is bunny safe! The small ornamental bamboos that you would have as house plants are not safe and should not be fed but the big garden stuff is fine!

(Or at least that is what I found after an extensive google search a couple of years ago before I moved away from the lovely huge bamboo plant!)

I'm pretty sure that bamboo is bunny safe! The small ornamental bamboos that you would have as house plants are not safe and should not be fed but the big garden stuff is fine!

(Or at least that is what I found after an extensive google search a couple of years ago before I moved away from the lovely huge bamboo plant!)

Yes I have looked and looked but all sites I see say it's not safe maybe it's my google skills :oops:

Last edited:
Yes I have looked and looked but all sites I see say it's not safe maybe it's my google skills :oops:

I used to feed my two bamboo grass for about two years and it was their absolute favourite!! That was until my flatmate decided to re-pot it and didn't put holes in the bottom so it drowned :(

I haven't been able to find another one since, the original one was from B&Q down the road but they don't have them anymore and we don't drive :(

Ask Treacle, she would say fenugreek crunchies, Toffee would say-Apple snacks, my boy has a sweet tooth !

Mine would probably jump through hoops for some fresh dill, and I do like to hide it so they really have to work to get it! Also have them trained to stand on hind legs for an apple chip...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pellets is a big fave with all of mine. Veg. herbs and grass are all good too, so is fresh hay.

Mine all go mad for fenugreek crunchies, but prefer the home made treats I buy from BARC :thumb: Boots loves banana, I can't eat one without being mugged for a tiny bit :lol:

My two love fresh herbs - dill, coriander, basil & mint, very closely followed by carrot tops, grass & plantain forage!!! :)

And harvey will littally go crazy for abit of banana! :) (honey isn't fussed!)

Elphie is a bunny hoover and loves anything offered to her, but especially banana, parsley and coriander. Galinda loves bramble leaves - and kiwi, although she's only had it once. Nessarose loved dandelions the best. As for wee Athena, she isn't all that impressed by spring greens but has cleared out two bowlfuls of burgess pellets in less than 24 hours since her gotcha. She'll learn to love her veggies, like her sisters do.

Nearly everything. You have to be careful giving it to him because he'll take your hand off in his eagerness to grab!

He really likes carrot tops so maybe they're his favourite

Depends what mood he's in! Pellets usually, but anything that's not hay: rosehips are a current favourite, but he was also eating bramble stalks (about 1/4" thick), thorns'n'all, in preference to fresh green parsley-type forage yesterday! When he's on the lawn, the 'good' grass lasts about an hour...

Rosie will eat anything put in front of her but Fenugreek Crunchie I this is number one :thumb:

Stu and Casserole think the fenugreek Crunchie or the Blueberry one I get are wonderful :thumb:

Pie I'm still trying to find a favourite for her :(

They will all finish off a handful of Kale in no time tho even Pie takes a few pieces :D

Back