• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stray rabbit

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Anybody in the North East able to take on a rabbit or offer rescue space? Had a call from Rampant Rabbits this morning to say a friend contacted her asking for help with catching a rabbit who's owners moved out and left the bun running free. :cry: I have no other details about the bun and I'm waiting to hear back on whether the bun has been caught etc. I just want to be prepared as neither me or Rampant Rabbits are in any position to keep the bun for more than a few days.

Poor bunny. I can't help with a home, but give me a shout if help is needed to transport bunny southwards.

What about Pawz for Thought rescue?

I dealt with a similar situation only a few weeks ago. The owners had set the rabbit free and left. :censored: A neighbour phoned the rescue where I volunteer and OH and I went and caught her.

Poor bunny. I can't help with a home, but give me a shout if help is needed to transport bunny southwards.

What about Pawz for Thought rescue?

I dealt with a similar situation only a few weeks ago. The owners had set the rabbit free and left. :censored: A neighbour phoned the rescue where I volunteer and OH and I went and caught her.

Thank you for the offer. I have no tried Pawz yet but will do. Had a text and the girl who knows about it said she will find somewhere for the bun but she will need help to cach it so I'll be going up tomorrow to try and get the poor thing. :(

I'd prefer the bun to go to a rescue as I'm not sure how "rabbit savvy" this person is and I don't want this bun just going to anyone as it's likely to need veterinary treatment.

Can't help with this one but we also caught a stray bun today. Christmas bunnies maybe?

The bun may be going to Animal Krackers but we'll see. I'm going to see about catching the poor bun tomorrow. Apparently there has been a fox hanging around the area so I am hoping he/she survives the night. :(

You have one as well? How did you catch him/her ....... ?

It wasn't very hard actually - we just put the carrier down with some food in and sat very still with hand on the door. Waited for bun to go in then shut the door! Took a couple of attempts as the first time I tried I wasn't fast/firm enough in closing the door. We also had a roll of mesh fence with us as backup but didn't need it. Bun was quite inquisitive and happy to approach people but couldn't have caught it by hand.

It wasn't very hard actually - we just put the carrier down with some food in and sat very still with hand on the door. Waited for bun to go in then shut the door! Took a couple of attempts as the first time I tried I wasn't fast/firm enough in closing the door. We also had a roll of mesh fence with us as backup but didn't need it. Bun was quite inquisitive and happy to approach people but couldn't have caught it by hand.

Ah well done! What will you do now? Any thoughts as to an owner?

It sounds as though it has been straying for a little while. A little white bunny sat in a field next to a busy road-very easy to spot so if it had an owner who cared I think it would have been back home very quickly. It already had a rescue place lined up so we took it straight there.

Back