• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just spoke to a nice Rspca inspector

Kavanne

Mama Doe
Someone reported me for keeping my rabbits underweight and my cat for fur loss... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

People with nothing better to do :roll:

I'm surprised our neighbour has never reported to the RSPCA - he's totally the type and always is complaining about something. Especially when I moved Sweep back outside after he recovered from EC to a hutch which he can plainly see from his house - Sweep has his head at 90degrees due to the effects of the EC and I was sure he was going to call the RSPCA to say we had a sick rabbit with a broken neck or something.

I'm currently waiting for him to call EH on us as a couple of times I've seen a rat climb up our bird feeder to steal the food (now sadly had to stop feeding the birds until a solution is found to stop him :(). The same rat that is living under his conservatory :lol: Will enjoy that conversation if it ever happens :thumb:

It was a pleasant experience overall. He's taken my contact details and said he will call if they need anything else (do you think I'll get a call???!?!? haha)

One of my facebook friends made this of my cat!

d7059d8eb759feb62a7487e169b3745f.jpg

Yes. My old housemate suggested it could have been a cleaner I had to let go a few months ago because we heard her saying not very nice things about the rabbits on a phone call whilst she was in my house!

Well I'm glad to hear it worked in your favour and you had a nice chat! Grief, you would think people had better things to do than report people who care about their animals! x

I have two hyperthyroid elderly cats who are being well managed with meds but are quite slim:shock:Ive been wondering if anyone would complain about them.:roll:
Glad the inspector was pleasant.Must have all felt abit surreal.

You were VERY lucky. My 'special needs' bunnies were unlawfully seized last July, and Buster, Paddington, Pippa and Marmalade all pts before even discussing with me, to end their suffering!!

Actually 3 of my buns were adopted from the RSPCA, following home checks, references being provided from other rescues I had adopted from, and a reference from my vet. I wasn't even given the chance to get the folder from the kitchen that contained all the adoption paperwork, clearly detailing the disabilities they had been adopted to me with, vaccination certificates, insurance policies and microchip paperwork.

It was 8 months ago and I still struggle with my losses and am now prosecuting them. My other house bunnies were returned to me exactly 6 weeks later, I wasn't prosecuted or had any action taken against me, and an independant vet ruled that there was no justification for killing my much loved pets.

I hate the Inspector from Coventry with a passion and hope to god I don't ever run into her, because I think I would be up on an assult charge, and I wish her the most miserable existence ever with all the bad luck in the world, and I can't wait to give evidence against her in court later this year. I'm not going to break down in tears or anything because this will be my opportunity to totally destroy her, and then publicly slaughter her through the media.

She lied to me constantly about them all being well looked after, and I didn't even find out that the 4 were dead, until my Solicitor, was arranging for me to visit them to check on their well-being.

Out of the 5 rabbits returned to me, 4 were in a really bad way. Bodger (rspca adopted bun) never recovered from the experience and died shortly after. Violet, my blind little lionhead had been placed in a terrifying position, whereby she was attacked by another rabbit, and was returned to me with a really bad eye injury, and she may well loose the eye later this month, because it has never healed and would cause her pain, if it weren't for daily pain meds. Interestingly, because they love to prosecute people for not seeking veterinary treatment for pets, Violet wasn't seen by a vet either, and my vet is of the opinion that if she had received prompt veterinary treatment, the prognosis for her eye would have been much more favourable. Upon seeing Violet when she was returned and becoming really upset, the same Inspector advised me that there was nothing wrong with her, and it was just the way her fur was laying!! Think I forgot to say that she also had a bad bite to her nose and a chunk of her left ear missing.

We know for sure just how badly my rabbits were neglected and treated by the rspca, because all veterinary and boarding records were seized by my Solicitor, and as all the 'distress', dramatic weight loss (Violet), and Scooter my splay leg bun has numerous entries of him being 'covered in wee and poo', even though I phoned and emailed on numerous occassions to keep reminding them of the importence of keeping him clean.

I would strongly advise you that if you are contacted by them or they turn up at your house, that you don't let them in, because you could very easily end up in the same devastating situation as myself.

We all know how terribly heart-breaking it is loosing a much loved pet to an illness or injury, but loosing 5 much loved pets for absolutely no reason at all, has almost totally destroyed me, and I can't see a way of ever recovering from this.

Last edited:
OP - it must be frustrating to have had that happen, but the inspectors can tell when pets are well cared for.

In general, from another point of view I would prefer that they were called if people thought animals were being neglected and did make inspections, it might help stop a lot more cruelty. I know some people will be mean and malicious, but a quick inspection will put a stop to that. But I hope negativity towards the RSPCA doesn't stop people calling them if they suspect genuine neglect.

OP - it must be frustrating to have had that happen, but the inspectors can tell when pets are well cared for.

In general, from another point of view I would prefer that they were called if people thought animals were being neglected and did make inspections, it might help stop a lot more cruelty. I know some people will be mean and malicious, but a quick inspection will put a stop to that. But I hope negativity towards the RSPCA doesn't stop people calling them if they suspect genuine neglect.

I agree with this.

Back