• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hopefully a new friend for my sad Minnie.....Photos added

Tracy

Warren Veteran
I have today brought home a bunny from the rescue where I volunteer. He will be Minnie's new friend......fingers crossed.

So many pretty bunnies to choose from, but for me it wasn't a difficult decision......I brought home the lad with wonky and sticky-out front teeth.

I don't feel ready for taking on a new rabbit, it's too soon after losing Bentley, but Minnie needs a friend so it is something that I had to do. He is booked in for a health check on Monday, his vaccination will be due shortly so we'll have that done too. He will also have his incisors assessed and we will decide the best way forward, but I think he will be better off without them. I want to get him completely sorted before I start bonding him with Minnie.

No photos yet as he is very unsettled at the moment and is hiding in his hut. He doesn't have a name yet either.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed he settles in well. I understand where you are coming from when you say you aren't ready, I've been in a similar situation before with my dogs, when you lose one and the other one is lonely you have to do it for them. Hopefully it will give you a positive diversion xx

I have today brought home a bunny from the rescue where I volunteer. He will be Minnie's new friend......fingers crossed.

So many pretty bunnies to choose from, but for me it wasn't a difficult decision......I brought home the lad with wonky and sticky-out front teeth.

I don't feel ready for taking on a new rabbit, it's too soon after losing Bentley, but Minnie needs a friend so it is something that I had to do. He is booked in for a health check on Monday, his vaccination will be due shortly so we'll have that done too. He will also have his incisors assessed and we will decide the best way forward, but I think he will be better off without them. I want to get him completely sorted before I start bonding him with Minnie.

No photos yet as he is very unsettled at the moment and is hiding in his hut. He doesn't have a name yet either.

Awwww you always put your Rabbit's needs first so I am not at all surprised to hear that you have taken on a Bun who will hopefully become a friend for Minnie. I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of him once he has settled in. I hope his Vet check goes well xx

Managed to get a few photos of the new lad. He is a bit more settled and is venturing out of his hut. Still no name, but I'm thinking he might be a Scooby.

Scooby%252001.jpg

Scooby%252002.jpg

You can just see one of his sticking-out teeth in this pic. He is managing to eat OK for now, but I'll be glad when I've had him looked at on Monday.

Scooby%252003.jpg

Oh - he is so lovely!!! :love: Lucky Minnie to have such a wonderful mum to put her feelings before yours...!

He's lovely - hope his vet visit goes well and hope he has a wonderful future with Minnie to look forward to xx

what a lovely shinning coat. good luck with the bonding, hope it will go nice and easy.

Well done for giving this little bunny a home. Good luck with the vet appointment and the bonding x x x

Hello Scooby :D You are a lucky bun to have found such a wonderful home.

He could be my BJ looking from the left. He has a white front paw too. I hope, as you get to know him, he will start to ease the pain of losing Bentley. Loads of pre-bonding vibes coming your way.

Back