• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New pet sitter - very nervous

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Hubby and I have to go away tomorrow night - my mum's 80th birthday bash - and we are using a brand new pet sitter. We used to ask my MIL to come in and do the buns - but they live 30 min away now so a bit much to ask. So we have found someone local to us who came for a consultation a couple of weeks ago - and is coming tonight for final instructions and keys.

She seems really business like and confident - she knows our vets too (uses them herself) and has great recommendations on Facebook - but I am so nervous for my buns...hate leaving them. Which is silly really as the petsitter will certainly be able to spot any problems and will be able to get them to the vets etc far better than my MIL...but the buns knew my MIL and don't know the petsitter and Bobo in particular hates strangers.

I will of course be leaving out instructions etc - and I'm sure it will be fine - but can't help but be so very worried.:roll:

Best of luck. It always is nerve-wracking leaving pets behind, even for a short period of time. Especially so when it is somebody new. My mum and brother tend to take care of my rabbits when I am unwell. We usually leave one of us (my mum, brother and I live together) behind so that there is always somebody the animals know to deal with them. Elphie and Galinda get in a bit of a sulk if I don't see them and Ajali (my ginger nut cat) is very closely bonded to me and can be difficult sometimes. But at least they know the family.

I always worry a bit when someone else is looking after my animals, its not that I don't trust them or don't think they'll look after them its just because its someone new and different for the animals and I miss them. Have a nice time tomorrow night :)

Back