• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet lottie đź’—

Rox88

New Kit
Just purchased my first ever rabbit lottie I love her so much! I just need to ask a few questions as I'm not sure, if anyone can help I would be great full, so first if all her breed is she a mini lop cross lion head? Also I don't know if I'm feeding her too much she's only a baby 11 weeks I'm giving her 20kg food once a day and also I bought her a honey stick for her cage put that in this morning and she's eaten it all in one day? Is this normal? She loves her hay too and is constantly chewing on that she seems happy and is drinking plenty of water, she also likes to lick me? What does this mean? If anyone can help I would be great full I'm a newbie! Xx

Do you mean 20 gms of food? 20kg would feed an elephant! At her age Lottie should have unlimited junior pellets and loads of hay. Personally I wouldn't give honey sticks at her age as it might upset her digestive system and fill her up too much so she doesn't eat her proper food/hay. Are you going to get a little friend for her, rabbits like company of their own kind. Have you any photos yet? we love to see baby buns! :wave:

If she's licking you it is her grooming you. She's bonded with you and thinks you're her friend :)

And yes I would steer away of honey sticks too, sounds loaded with sugar which is bad for bunny's gut. I like to stick to natural herb based treats which are a bit healthier, but should still be given in moderation.

She looks very cute !

Do you mean 20 gms of food? 20kg would feed an elephant! At her age Lottie should have unlimited junior pellets and loads of hay. Personally I wouldn't give honey sticks at her age as it might upset her digestive system and fill her up too much so she doesn't eat her proper food/hay. Are you going to get a little friend for her, rabbits like company of their own kind. Have you any photos yet? we love to see baby buns! :wave:

Thank you for your reply! Haha yes sorry I meant 20g, don't worry I'm not feeding her 20kg! Haha, I keep her hay topped up daily, do you think I should up her pellets too? Okay I will stop giving her the honey sticks I wouldn't her tummy to be upset, oh really? I will defiantly get her a little bunny friend! She has her first vaccination on Wednesday, should I wait till after that or will she be okay to get her friend straight away? Do you think a male or a female? Xx

If she's licking you it is her grooming you. She's bonded with you and thinks you're her friend :)

And yes I would steer away of honey sticks too, sounds loaded with sugar which is bad for bunny's gut. I like to stick to natural herb based treats which are a bit healthier, but should still be given in moderation.

She looks very cute !

Thank you for replying! Awww really that's brilliant to hear! She does seem very relaxed around me and when I call her name and put my hand down she hops up to me ! ��yes I will definitely stay clear of honey sticks now, do you have any treat recommendations I could try with her? Thank you she is beautifully isn't she! �� xx

Do you have any photos of her? How long have you had her? I only got my bunny two days ago. How long did it take to bond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back