• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunnies & Their Bunny Shed <3

emnash

New Kit
Hello everyone!
I thought I'd share with you my story & some photos!
I'd love to see yours aswell :love:

So May 2013 me and my partner decided we wanted to get a rabbit!
We looked around at hutches and couldn't believe how small they was, or the price! So we decided to convert the shed!
After a few days of clearing out all the junk, cleaning and painting we ended up with this :

We then went to Pets at home and straight away fell in LOVE with the two most gorgeous little bunnies:

We named the white one Gucci and the black one Thumper.
They were terrified, but soon adjusted to their new home!

Ying and Yang :lol:

We then decided instead of picking them up each time to go into their run, we should some how connect it !

It took them a while to actually go through the pipe but after persauding them with some food they eventually braved it!

(Don't worry, we realised it was a bit high and put a box at the end of the tube so they could get down okay!)

A few months after, one of our friends didn't want her rabbit anymore so we thought we would could try him with the two we already have
Meet Jack :

At first they hated each other and I began to ask myself, 'Have I done the right thing here?'
But after while of slowley introducing them :

Horay! :love:
They were the perfect little trio!

As time went by we added and changed a few things about the shed, like a shelf that they could hide under and jump on top of, cat beds etc.

My bunnies adore their cardboard castle from pets at home! Though it is a pain having to buy a new one each month as they destroy it :lol:

Then, one day we went into pets at home, probably for food or something, and fell in LOVE with another bunny..
He was running around like a looney and I couldn't help but want him!

Meet Bailey:

He has beautiful markings, with a line running straight down his head, half is black/brown and the other half is cream/beige.

We hadn't planned where we was going to put him or anything, so we ended up buying an indoor cage just until we had more time to introduce him to the others.. Well that's what we thought anyway :lol:
We couldn't bring our selves to put him in the shed as we had gotten so used to him indoors with us, so he stayed!:lol:

Thank you for reading my story and I would to hear yours and see photos of your bunnies!! <3

Unfortunatley one of my boys is very ill at the moment and I am really hoping he recovers.
If every one could send him your love, he would be very greatful :love:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you Lisa F
You're buns are gorgeous :love:
I would have loads if i had the room and the money! :lol:

Thank you Ruthyjones89!:love:
It's a pain at the moment as they have out grown their tube.. We went back to Wicks and that's the biggest size they have so we're trying to find another way at connecting them..
We originally wanted to cut the door in half and use a cat flap but my partner has been working long hours and can't seem to find the time!
It's a shame when the weather is so nice at the moment!

xxx

Ah no, that is a pain... but they've got loads to keep them busy & warm in their shed! :) Aww bless them.. And you made me laugh about their castle! ;) completly with you about buying new ones all the time, my little honey loves it.. We don't have windows anymore just sides missing, lol! So we'll be getting their new one out soon, but my little man is going through bit of an ordeal at the moment.

Just read your other thread, I really hope he gets better & starts eating soon! It's so worrying as they really do mean so much to us.

I completly understand with bailey too.. Our two we're meant to go outside but I just can't do it!! It's just so nice to be close with them even if you do have hay everywhere! :) xx

We have a similar method of bunny transfer from shed to run, but instead of using a round pipe we've made a square pipe from wood. Just a suggestion. Otherwise you could try and find some nice work men and see if they have any spare pipes?

Gorgeous bunnys! I love the ying and yang photo, and jack in a box :love:

HouseOfRabbit - I've never heard of that website before, so thank you! Definatley going to be looking into the getting one of the pipes! The only problem will be that the hole is quite high up, and where the pipe is flexible it will drop to the floor.. but my partner might be able to figure out a way to make it work!!

RuthyJones89 - The castle is such a fantastic idea and entertain the bunnies for hours on end! I don't even know how many I've bought now, definatley double figures :lol:
I hope your bunny is okay and thank you very much :love:

Angelmouse - Do you have any photos of it ? thats sounds like a good idea, plus it sounds secure against foxes etc.
I never thought of 'Jack in the box' :lol: You're bunnies are beautiful! <3

Angelmouse - Do you have any photos of it ? thats sounds like a good idea, plus it sounds secure against foxes etc.
I never thought of 'Jack in the box' :lol: You're bunnies are beautiful! <3
My bunnies say thank you.

I don't have any photos of it specifically. Inara sat on top of it, so you can see what I mean design wise hopefully,
1390768_10203244357570244_1734959527_n.jpg

Zoie next to it, for a different view
1966739_10203244360450316_780451067_n.jpg

Eddie exploring the hole it leaves when we take it out (it's removable and we have a boltable panel on the inside of the shed to lock bunnies in or out depending on what is needed! (They never had access to the bolts either, which have now been cut off)
224944_2023082177195_6367432_n.jpg

Amd just one of Eddie next to the two we have (the old one was a bit short). I would imagine they could be made much longer. They used to join to a removable run, but the current run is permanent.
1234088_10201983960141096_536530299_n.jpg

They love scampering in and out of it, and all bunnies have a tunnel in their sheds when no runs are fastened in.

Back