• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's been a while! *pic heavy* *updated 07/02/2016*

tashp90

Warren Veteran
Life has gotten pretty hectic, well work has anyway. I've had a few PM's over the last few days, it's nice to know some of you guys care and think about us, so I thought I'd post a little update :)

Me: happily living in Bristol. Settled in well. In line for a promotion in work so it's all pretty much go go go all the time. I do currently have a week off though which is great!!

And the buns:
Marble: what is there to say? She's still Marble. She's still a diva. She's still a naughty bun. She and Billy have settled really together and she's actually grown to love him!
bbb4b70683954e38052709d6cd241244.jpg

Billy: well where to start? The weekend before Christmas I noticed Billy has severe weight loss. His ribs were sticking out, and his legs has kind of started to splay. Cue lots of visits to the vets, tests etc. We were even referred to Richard Saunders who was kind of baffled by what had caused it. The only test that came back abnormal was for a liver enzyme and it was slightly low. After liver supplements for a month, and metacam since Christmas they were still baffled. Billy was weighing 3.6kg, he dropped to around 2.1kg and a lot of the loss was muscle loss in his hind legs.
ad08f5d7897506a2d12b4fa620bcf346.jpg

we've started a treatment that is supposed to essentially retrain Billy's legs and make him hold them into his body. This is used a lot in baby rabbits with splayed legs, farm animals, birds etc. It involves holding his legs in place and making them hold there with bandaging. I was very apprehensive at first, but Billy has slowly gained weight, the muscle in his hind legs is returning, and he is holding his legs in place himself. Still not sure what caused it, but he's on the mend. He has now put back on over 0.5kg which is amazing! He looked old, ill, and fragile. The collage above shows just how thin he went and how his legs were. The strangest part was, it was almost as if Billy didn't even realise there was something wrong with his legs. But here he is after today's appointment:
f2822650c983ab7e1734e3659301ec73.jpg
ce87968255c383c1a7fca406303f5d69.jpg

Billy has also become a really loving, confident boy. When I first got him he was shy and wouldn't let me touch him. Now he climbs all over me, gives kisses, and demands attention :love:
Marble shocked me with her reaction. She has really taken care of him, and I was worried that she may start bullying him.
90dad23a51a10b8c87be2b99140f5be8.jpg

Maizie: she's still a cheeky madam! She's come out of her shell over the past few months, but she and Daisy remain as close as ever.
f1384eff949e49b05859f8fe8b663281.jpg

Daisy: daisy is still the most shy of my buns. She's not too bad if it's just me, but if I have visitors she hides in a strop unless there is food!
ad1203bf77925c2d3fbbcc97f20b9de2.jpg

The girls turned 1 in January, and it's their gotcha day this month!
1366e1bc5e4cd652785a2d9b903f36bb.jpg

Freddie: is a cheeky little monster! He's really settled in and he absolutely adores the girls. Bonding them was so easy and he just pesters them all of the time. He still enjoys a cuddle, but prefers his girls to me these days! He's always up to something, and still always eating! This is how he sits when it's feeding time:
802f070851d976eb9a705031444e901a.jpg

da94291ee25bd29343f42d4ce9ea1d44.jpg

And the newest addition...Benny: So a lady contacted Kelly (Willowsmum) as she wanted to rehome her rabbit as he was "aggressive" and had bitten her. She was worried about him around her children. I agreed to take him on and he came to me on 28th December. I instantly noticed that the underneath of his chin was absolutely saturated and knew he had an issue with teeth. He was also entire. Both of which explained his aggressive behaviour. Within 5 days, he had been neutered and had a dental. The vet showed me photos of his teeth. They were literally slicing into the side of his tongue, he must have been in agony! Since then, he has become an amazing little rabbit. He is so friendly and loving. He craves my attention and follows me everywhere.
e5334202f1d195d49d6eb2365ca5a3bc.jpg

I've had issues getting him to eat hay. He had another dental last week and it seems his jaw may be slightly mis-aligned which can obviously cause problems for life. I have managed to get him nibbling hay this week which I am really proud of!
a2b4fdcd3332e342fa9acf7a7dc32543.jpg

My plan for Benny was to bond him to the trio to make a quad. This weekend I did just that and it was a complete success from start to finish. Aside from minor chasing and fur pulling from Freddie, we had no issues!
In their bonding pen:
c18a3aac1507850520fd60e03afd0608.jpg

And their new set up:
54361a758a39cf30df7908f3be6011a0.jpg

184ce6bf2e458ee9c96a0c4258016781.jpg

So, that's us :)!
Hope everyone is doing ok on here, I have been lurking but I'm bound to have missed stuff!

Last edited:
Hi Tash :wave: so nice to hear your news and see your gorgeous furry family. I did think about you, Ive always loved your posts and photos, I've enjoyed reading your updates since I joined last year. You make bonding sound so easy ! I'm sending my 2 down for your magic touch ! :lol: hope you enjoy your week off, sounds like you need a break ! Xx

Hi :wave: good to see you back. It's amazing to see how well Billy has recovered so far, hope it continues :thumb:

Hello! Was thinking about you a little while ago - glad to see all's well with you and yours :wave:

Heyyyyy lady! I wondered where you were. You're such a wonderful bunny mummy and those cuties are just beautiful. Don't you go awol again miss!

Hi tash and every increasing family.:wave: Lovely to see you back on RU. :love:
I'm trying to put a stop to the increase but they're just too cute :oops:
Hi Tash :wave: so nice to hear your news and see your gorgeous furry family. I did think about you, Ive always loved your posts and photos, I've enjoyed reading your updates since I joined last year. You make bonding sound so easy ! I'm sending my 2 down for your magic touch ! [emoji38] hope you enjoy your week off, sounds like you need a break ! Xx
Aww thank you!
Don't send a pair to me for bonding, I've never bonded a pair [emoji14] I think it helps how well I know my rabbits - with bonding the quad, I could tell if Freddie was just asserting dominance or going to be mean and a stern "Freddie" puts a stop to him!

Hi :wave: good to see you back. It's amazing to see how well Billy has recovered so far, hope it continues :thumb:
It was so worrying when he was ill. I really thought I was going to lose him! He's bounced back though and has become a cheeky little one! He's been so tolerant of all the vet visits, he's done me proud :love::
Hello! Was thinking about you a little while ago - glad to see all's well with you and yours :wave:
Thank you! Hope you're well too :)
Definitely all well here...They're very much still keeping me on my toes!

Tash! You're back!! So good to hear Billy is better too! :love: I've been thinking of you and him and hoping he's ok. And my Ickle Fweddie Fwoggie has grown up and got an adorable new friend too! :love: even more bunnies to bunny nap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tash! You're back!! So good to hear Billy is better too! :love: I've been thinking of you and him and hoping he's ok. And my Ickle Fweddie Fwoggie has grown up and got an adorable new friend too! :love: even more bunnies to bunny nap!!

Thank you! He's doing great!
Freddie is maturing into a wonderful young man, he's not sure about this adorable friend but since he's come along there more food on offer, which in Freddie's eyes can only be a good thing :roll:
Benny is like my shadow so good luck trying to bunny nap [emoji14] even when in their enclosure he sits opposite where I am, and follows me along the panels if I move!

How are you and you're buns?

Heyyy Tash! :wave: Good to see you and your furry family back with us! We missed you! :D Glad everyone is ok now, what a worry you must have had with Billy and Benny is so lucky to have found you! xx

Hi Tash :wave:

Glad to hear you're well, and what a lovely update! The bunnies look really happy together :D

Tracey x

Thank you! He's doing great!
Freddie is maturing into a wonderful young man, he's not sure about this adorable friend but since he's come along there more food on offer, which in Freddie's eyes can only be a good thing :roll:
Benny is like my shadow so good luck trying to bunny nap [emoji14] even when in their enclosure he sits opposite where I am, and follows me along the panels if I move!

How are you and you're buns?

I'll give a quick polite answer so not to derail your thread :lol: all fine thanks. I'll pm you :wave:

Heyyy Tash! :wave: Good to see you and your furry family back with us! We missed you! :D Glad everyone is ok now, what a worry you must have had with Billy and Benny is so lucky to have found you! xx
Aww thank you!!
Billy has certainly caused me a lot of worry, but through it all he's remained his happy and playful self! Benny is such a sweet bunny, he was just frustrated and in agony the poor thing!

How are your buns doing?

Hi Tash :wave:

Glad to hear you're well, and what a lovely update! The bunnies look really happy together :D

Tracey x

Hi :wave:

Aww thanks :) they are all really happy (and spoilt rotten!) Benny is loving having friends to play and sleep with, but he's still quite the cuddle bun!

Hope you're ok! X

Aww Tash.. big sigh of relief.. it just wasn't the same without you X

Adore your bunnies so !

Nose rubs from us.. especially to Billy :love:

Aww Tash.. big sigh of relief.. it just wasn't the same without you X

Adore your bunnies so !

Nose rubs from us.. especially to Billy :love:

Haha thanks, that's so nice of you to say :)

They are a gorgeous lot aren't they? ;) although I now have a quad of mischievous bunnies 😣

Billy will love the nose rubs :)!

Hope you're all ok :)

Back