• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Untidy buns

joybell

Warren Scout
Whenever I see other members photos of their rabbit homes, be it shed, wendy house, or indoors, they look so tidy and clean. No poos and hay all over the place. I clean out my buns sheds every day and within half an hour there is hay all over the place and poos. They are so messy. Are the photos a true representation or has every one just done a spring clean. I'm getting paranoid:lol:

I think it really depends on the bunnies. When I just had Benji indoors by himself, he was SO tidy. You'd hardly know he was there. Fast forward a couple of months when Imogen came to stay and it's a different story :lol:. The hay is dragged or kicked EVERYWHERE, the cardboard box is shredded, newspaper is shredded and there are odd poops here and there. It can look like a bombsite within minutes of me making it all clean and pretty again :roll::lol:.

Bunnies will be bunnies so if you have a digger or shredder, you just have to learn to embrace their creativity ;).

In my case, any photos shown would be just after I've cleaned out and swept up :lol: my lot aren't so bad with stray poops, it's just the hay that is spread everywhere :lol:

My indoor buns are messy, not so much with poops although they do get kicked out their litter tray and over the floor, but they drag hay everywhere! It's a mess 10 mins after cleaning, and everything has to be put back 'their' way

My two spend most of their time trying to turn my office into a farm yard

This

To This

In no time at all

My photos either show their room in all their messy glory or during cleaning out or elsewhere in the house temporarily so they've not had chance to mess it up. My girls and Blueberry are my real mucky pups, they hop and poo, hop and poo etc etc :roll::lol: Blackavar and Cherry are much better behaved! But there is hay all over my house and clothes as well as bunny hair. It just comes with the territory of being a good bunny slave :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel so much better now! So my buns aren't the delinquents I thought they were. Thanks everyone for your comments:D

My two spend most of their time trying to turn my office into a farm yard

This

To This

In no time at all

Hahaha this is so like my two!! They seem to prefer the messy look!!! xx

I find though as long as I can keep the hay just limited to racks over their litter trays, this tends to keep it a bit tidier. As soon as any hay gets on the floor, they will poop on it and if enough of it gets spread, weeing will commence also. Sooo naughty!

xx

I found hay in my hair when I woke up yesterday. What makes it even better is that I sleep in a bunk bed. So no, you not along in having incredibly messy buns!

Back