• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willows been poorly, but she's all better now

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
And looking her usual pretty self!
11046403_10153069040775502_2659250850406126983_n.jpg

11038108_10153069040695502_2521457633433043799_n.jpg

She laid 6 eggs in a row and totally wore herself out, silly bird. Scary to see but she's fine now :D

Ouch...six eggs?? *squirms*
Poor love. :( Although I have to say, looks like she's plotting something in those photos. :shock: Maybe wear turtlenecks for a few days! :lol:

Glad to hear she's more herself now. :) Long may it continue! xxxx

ETA: Meant to ask, erm...what do you do with the eggs? I'm just curious as I've never had a bird for a pet before and actually haven't seen a domestic pet bird's eggs. I hadn't thought about them even having them, honestly. :shock: (Realizing now I've probably already asked this but don't remember the answer. :oops: )

Last edited:
Poor Willow, glad she's feeling better. Do birds lay without mating? I only ask as I have terrapins and they have to lay eggs, even though unfertilised, is it the same for birds?

Ouch...six eggs?? *squirms*
Poor love. :( Although I have to say, looks like she's plotting something in those photos. :shock: Maybe wear turtlenecks for a few days! :lol:

Glad to hear she's more herself now. :) Long may it continue! xxxx

ETA: Meant to ask, erm...what do you do with the eggs? I'm just curious as I've never had a bird for a pet before and actually haven't seen a domestic pet bird's eggs. I hadn't thought about them even having them, honestly. :shock: (Realizing now I've probably already asked this but don't remember the answer. :oops: )

She sits on the eggs for a while and we bin them when she gets bored (or they go off/break, my mam put her finger through one the other day :mrgreen: ). Her eggs are tiny, they'd be adorable if they didn't turn her evil :lol:

Poor Willow, glad she's feeling better. Do birds lay without mating? I only ask as I have terrapins and they have to lay eggs, even though unfertilised, is it the same for birds?
I don't think all female cockatiels do lay, but Willow does and my exs female cockatiel did. Willow actually mates with her perch :roll: Obviously still unfertalised but she doesn't think so!

Back