• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best quality hide/hut for rabbit run

DarceyH

Warren Scout
Hi all!

So I am currently investing in making a new run and I am in need of a new hide. There are an awful lot that look exactly tht same. The wooden ones with the closable ramp/door and hinged roof. My buns loved the last one I had however it was terrible quality with gravel coming off the roof (which my destructo-buns likes to eat) and the wood what's cheep and splintered easily (which, of course, the rabbits also liked to eat!).

I was just wondering which make you all would recommend to fit two rabbits (a mini Rex, Robin, and a standard chinchilla mix, Smokey) that won't cost the earth, is easy to put together and most importantly will survive the attention of a very inquisitive and destructive rabbit! Smokey is the biggest problem as she just gets bored so easily no matter what I do to try and keep her occupied, robin is just happy to pig out on grass and snooze in the sun with the occasional binky for good measure.

Direct links would be really helpful!

Thanks!

Darcey, Smokey and Robin.

Ps the run will be about 3 feet high if that helps at all?

that looks great but i ideally need a hide with a removable roof to move uncooperative bunnies back indoors, and something a little less pricey. it looks good though?

Have a look for a small second hand hutch locally - it's a very cheap way to get a good side hide. You can take legs/doors off etc. to make in less hutch like.

Wow! What a great transformation, Tracy. The result is so beautiful.
From a nasty little prison to a comfortable little room for your bunnies. Thanks for sharing your DIY Project.

Hi Darcey,

We had one of these for our old bun Matilda and she always loved it, sadly we lost her last summer but the hutch has since been taken over by our cats as a rain shelter and it's still in a great condition (it's about 3 years old now) it would be fairly snug for 2 buns but if they like snuggling it could be perfect!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...abbit+hide&dpPl=1&dpID=513Lm4AG2rL&ref=plSrch

I think that our next project is going to be to take a tiny hutch off the market and re-purpose it as a hide! I love yours Tracey!

Hi Darcey,

We had one of these for our old bun Matilda and she always loved it, sadly we lost her last summer but the hutch has since been taken over by our cats as a rain shelter and it's still in a great condition (it's about 3 years old now) it would be fairly snug for 2 buns but if they like snuggling it could be perfect!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...abbit+hide&dpPl=1&dpID=513Lm4AG2rL&ref=plSrch

I think that our next project is going to be to take a tiny hutch off the market and re-purpose it as a hide! I love yours Tracey!

I have one of these as a run shelter for the quad. I cut a hole in the other end so that they can use it as a mni tunnel.

Back