• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It seems to be bonding time.

doorkeeper

Mama Doe
We have just taken in nine new rabbits and have one more coming next weekend. And we had no extra spaces! The only thing for it is lots of bonding.

So far it seems to be going well, apart from losing one very ill little new comer, who did not get much time to enjoy her new friends, but at least she had darling Primrose to comfort her in her last hours, after her sad lonely life. Primrose seems to love any other rabbit who comes her way. It is so sad she lived alone only inches from other rabbits for years. You couldn't find an easier to bond rabbit. She is now making huge amounts of fuss of Eric, who just lost his partner of six years and of poor wee Cherry, who is also very unwell. They can go outside as soon as I am confident that Cherry is eating well.

Chervil and Mahonia have already taken their new friend Pansy outside. She got rained on for the first time today, but I think she liked it as she stayed outside and got soaked instead of going into the shed or under the awning. Pansy is a big French Lop who is a big baby and was also easy to bond. Mahonia enjoyed saying boo to her and watching the big girl scramble out of her way for a few days but now they are fine.

Caroline brought her big boys up to meet the other new Frenchie, but that didn't go well. When two big ones both want to fight it is not worth the risk. So I tried the big lads with two little lionhead does that were brought to us at the end of last year. Snow played ping pong with them for a while but things have now calmed down and it looks really good. 4 white wabbits, I would love to be abble to watch them play in Caroline's garden when they go back. (She will foster the girls) Bonding the girls made a space to put a new pair who arrived yesterday having waited for a placce since the start of Nov last year.

At the same time as the ping pong match was going on in the top cage I put a new little minilop with tooth problems in with Fidget, Mint and Spirit who already get all their veg grated as Spirit has no front teeth. That went far more calmly. The little fellow alternated between humping and snuggling. He seeems to like Mint in particular. I haven't settled on a name for him yet. The one I tried first wan't quite right. They can go back out soon.

Now I just have to find a pair to accept Peony the other Frenchie (I have a couple of possibilities), find someone for the doe coming next week, who had also been waiting for ages, and work out what to do with the poor skinny ill old unneutered buck. He is not well enough for an op. At the moment he is in a boarding cage but I'll have to find somewhere better. He was going to go with Caroline but he is so frail we decided he is better where I can keep a close eye on him. I hate it when I can't bond them. I need another old buck for him to share with, but it doesn't seem fair to let him pester an old doe. I'll work it out in the end.

I love taking in new rabbits and seeing them enjoy their new lives, but this is going to exhaust our supply of bidable pairs who will accept another rabbit. And there really is no more space. We are back over a hundred rabbits again.

Wish I could offer some help, but need all of my bunny accommodation for paying guests now. Financial situation demands it now.:(

Perhaps one day I could come and at least offer my help to clean out, clip nails, trim fur........help at any fundraisers that might be on the horizon.

Wish I could offer some help, but need all of my bunny accommodation for paying guests now. Financial situation demands it now.:(

Perhaps one day I could come and at least offer my help to clean out, clip nails, trim fur........help at any fundraisers that might be on the horizon.

I need my boarding cages back too, two pairs are booked in from next Saturday, and we will probably get more over easter. If only I didn't need money. Ho hum. So, these bondings have to work. Of course it isn't like rabbits to be co-operative...but the rabbits from the 'rescue' that closed are all so friendy, luckily. They have just been waiting to meet each other.

Have you ever been over here? You should come one Saturday, just come around to the back and find me. If you could help with one of our collections, that would be great, we struggle to get enough people. Caroline sorts those out (BBMommy)

I need my boarding cages back too, two pairs are booked in from next Saturday, and we will probably get more over easter. If only I didn't need money. Ho hum. So, these bondings have to work. Of course it isn't like rabbits to be co-operative...but the rabbits from the 'rescue' that closed are all so friendy, luckily. They have just been waiting to meet each other.

Have you ever been over here? You should come one Saturday, just come around to the back and find me. If you could help with one of our collections, that would be great, we struggle to get enough people. Caroline sorts those out (BBMommy)

I have never been to visit HH, but would love to come and help one day. I now live nearer Redditch than I did before. Helping with collections...yes please, I love doing things like that, and I have had many years experience at it too.

I have never been to visit HH, but would love to come and help one day. I now live nearer Redditch than I did before. Helping with collections...yes please, I love doing things like that, and I have had many years experience at it too.

You actually like doing collections! Amazing. Fund raising is not what any of us are good at. I delegate. I would much rather clean hutches.

You really should visit. It seems silly that you haven't as you are so close. I think the next collection is Easter Saturday, either in Redditch or Bromsgrove. I'll try and remember to get Caroline to let you know. There may even be one at the end of the month. We have bunny suits if you would be willing to wear one.

You actually like doing collections! Amazing. Fund raising is not what any of us are good at. I delegate. I would much rather clean hutches.

You really should visit. It seems silly that you haven't as you are so close. I think the next collection is Easter Saturday, either in Redditch or Bromsgrove. I'll try and remember to get Caroline to let you know. There may even be one at the end of the month. We have bunny suits if you would be willing to wear one.

I already have my own!!! Been doing fundraising for many years......sometimes I use my bunny handglove puppets too. Me in bunny costume with bunny puppet.....gets plenty of attention.

Great stuff - I'm always on the look out for people to help on our collections. Can you PM me your phone number so I can message you the details of our upcoming events

You do such fantastic work. I hope the bondings go well and all bunnies are co-operative. :love:

I would love to visit HH one day and meet the bunnies, especially my little sponsor-bunny Bear. :love:

This is my two boys Claude and Storm bonding with the two little girls Clover and Thistle...day three and so far so good.....

And Eric with his two new wifeys Primrose and little Maisie. This bond is a good one and these guys will get moved to their own enclosure once little Maisie is eating well

Back