• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do all these rescue bunnies come from ????????

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
I get asked a lot where the Barc rescue bunnies come from ... so here goes ..
these are just some of those we have in at the moment ,.

Edward - stray ...he was picked up by Rspca
Ringo - stray ...again picked up by rspca
Ben - part of a litter born to a stray bunny
Bill - as above
Lemmy - dumped in a box on the back of a parked truck
Rainbow - As above (were dumped together )
Satch - part of an unplanned litter
Bailey - from a hoarder situation
Ozzy- stray...taken in by Rspca
Anastasia - children got bored with her
Pixie Lottie - stray handed in at a local vets
Siouxie - part of an unplanned litter
Belinda - As above
Celine - unwanted
Tinsel - part of an unplanned litter
Cracker - As above
Ivy - as above
Esmee - bought , bred from (accidently through lack of knowledge ) then unwanted
Bree - part of unwanted litter
Flpsey - part of unplanned half wild litter
Mopsy - as above
Lulu - from a hoarder who asked for help
Cilla - as above
Sonny - as above
Cher - as above
Alannah - unplanned litter
Shania - as above
Toyah - unwanted
Alanis - unwanted

Ones found as strays are technically unwanted too as if you lost a bun you loved you'd do everything within your power to get it back. My Arthur was a stray. I just don't understand people. How can so many buns be unwanted. I'd have them all if I had the space, time and resources. What you do is truly amazing and I salute you.

My Herbie was a BARC bunny.....abandoned in a back Garden....his teeth overgrew into his nose :(
BARC rescued him, I rehomed him and he has been a wee grumpy spoiled rotten bunny since!

Dumped in a box on a parked truck :shock:

Me too :shock::shock::shock:

My Mimzy and his two REW compatriots were just left to roam freely in the parking lot of my OH's place of business 8 years ago...in the wilds of Alaska there is NO safe outdoor place for bunnies, or any other animal left to it's own devices.

God in heaven, what is wrong with people?

unplanned litters seem to be a recurring theme. how about a law saying all bunnies must be neutered before sale/adoption, unless going to a fully registered breeder, and new regs for the breeders so they can't offload to rescues and gumtree etc.

Yes I've had 6 so far this year and 5 of them have been from unplanned litters and the 6th has been the mum of one of those sets of babies!

Might be worth posting this up on FB or something. Would be helpful for people to see where all the buns actually do come from.

Does anyone know if there are any statistics on the precise reasons rabbits are given in to rescue? For example have the RWA compiled anything?

Would make interesting reading...

My latest bun came from a family who got a dog and didn't want the rabbit any more. Moved onto the next 'toy' obviously :censored:

It's so sad :cry: Boots was a BARC bunny, abandoned at Meadowhall along with Dora and Diego :cry:
Dandy and Beano were dumped at a motorway services :cry:

Thank goodness for rescues to save them. This is why it's rescue all the way for me now.

:cry: - It's so sad.

My two BARC bunnies...... Jack was part of a group (a trio I think?! Do you know what happened to the others?) that were included in the sale of a shed - unbeknownst to the buyer!

Hollie was a stray and only a baby. Thank you BARC for being there. 5 years ago we brought Jack home - on April 4th it will be 5 years since I brought them home as a happy, bonded couple. I am so grateful for my precious bunnies xxx

Apache was a BARC bunny picked up as a stray. I always wonder who he belonged to before, and why they didn't seem to look too hard for him. :( He is so lovely.

I remember Jack ... but cant remember the names of the other two ... so hard to keep track when we rehome around 80 rabbits a year . :?

I remember Jack ... but cant remember the names of the other two ... so hard to keep track when we rehome around 80 rabbits a year . :?

No, I'm sorry, I know what you mean. I can't remember their names either. Jack was 'Gabriel' originally. I found the thread you posted about him just before we picked him up recently! :love: xx

It really is sad though. The ones that end up with you are the lucky ones.....

Back