• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bentley is in hospital. He's gone.

Tracy

Warren Veteran
My beautiful Conti Bentley was admitted first thing this morning.

He has arthritis in his hips, but over the past few days he has also started to wet his back end. His mobility is progressively getting worse, but the deterioration seems to be getting quicker. We were at the vets with him again last night and he was booked in for xrays of his spine hips and bladder, blood and urine tests on Monday. His mobility wasn't particularly good last night, but overnight he has got drastically worse. This morning he can't stand up, he is lying on his side and dragging himself across the floor using his front legs and kicking his back legs. It is absolutely heartbreaking to watch. He is eating, pooing and weeing, but he cannot stand up. :cry:

Bentley is having all his xrays and tests today. Based on his current state, the prognosis is not good and I have to prepare myself for a difficult decision. I am so scared. Anyone who remembers his story will know what a brave and special lad he is. I am scared for Minnie too, Bentley and Minnie are devoted to each other. Minnie will not do well without Bentley. I can't bear the thought of losing my special boy. :cry:

Last edited:
Sending all our hugs and positive vibes. I don't know what else to say but wanted you to know we are all here for you.

I'm so, so sorry to read this. I hope the x-rays can somehow provide you with something that can help and he gets a reprieve.

Oh no. I hope that he can be made comfortable for as long as possible. I remember a recent photo that you posted of him and Minnie cuddled up together.

I'm so sorry. I hope he can get better, and I know how horrible this can be- almost the same thing happened with our dog, and we had to decide to put him down.

Sending healing and hopeful vibes for Bentley. Also some comforting ((((((Hugs))))) for you. I hope things improve for your boy. xxxx

We will have to let our beautiful boy go. His movement will not get better. For his own welfare I cannot let him continue like this, he will have no quality of life. I will be speaking to my vet again shortly, we just needed some thinking time. I am devastated. Have spent the whole day crying and the worst bit is still to come.

Thank you for your kind comments and support. It means a lot. xx

My big beautiful boy was put to sleep at 9.30 this evening. :cry: We were with him, so was his girl Minnie. I feel like I am in a daze, I can't believe he has gone.

Minnie moved way from him as soon as he had passed away. She buried herself under the blanket in her carrier on the way home. She has now buried herself under the hay in her tray. :(

Back