• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best website to buy dried herbs and dried forage

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
Which website does everyone use?

I just bought some dried plantain in bags from petsupermarket, quite honestly just to make up the postage amount, but Ludo practically took my hand off for it.

Which websites do people use for similar dried herbs/forage? I'm interested in the more unusual snacks as Ludo already has the Excel bagged herbs which we buy from the vet.

I don't want to spend a fortune on postage either- some sites seem very pricey!

Hay experts or zooplus and Barks n bunnies sell hay experts stuff and its free delivery until Sunday :wave:

I second Hay Experts! They have a great range although postage is a bit pricey so I bought in bulk - at least to NI anyway :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience, Galens Garden provide the BEST quality dried herbs and forage. Yes, postage is expensive but you get whole sections of pkant rather than the more chopped stuff you can buy elsewhere. For example, the dried plantain is a whole length of plant rather than little dry pieces that you get with the plantain from Burns or Woodlands. So I prefer to pay the higher postage costs to get a better product.

In my experience, Galens Garden provide the BEST quality dried herbs and forage. Yes, postage is expensive but you get whole sections of pkant rather than the more chopped stuff you can buy elsewhere. For example, the dried plantain is a whole length of plant rather than little dry pieces that you get with the plantain from Burns or Woodlands. So I prefer to pay the higher postage costs to get a better product.

:thumb:

It's much more like what you get when you dry it yourself. In other words, Hector will just about eat it because he believes his staff have worked hard to produce it. He won't touch the "lesser" stuff from elsewhere (presumably because it isn't as "fresh" or doesn't taste as good). :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumb:

It's much more like what you get when you dry it yourself. In other words, Hector will just about eat it because he believes his staff have worked hard to produce it. He won't touch the "lesser" stuff from elsewhere (presumably because it isn't as "fresh" or doesn't taste as good). :lol:

Fussy Hector :lol:. Ludo loves the Burns stuff!

Thanks everyone for these recommendations. :)

I ordered from barks and bunnies earlier in the week and I am really impressed with them. Your order comes in a cardboard box filled with straw which is a great forage box and they sent a lovely handwritten note to Winston (my rabbit). They sell the hay experts produce and I ordered in bulk so got free postage.

I ordered from barks and bunnies earlier in the week and I am really impressed with them. Your order comes in a cardboard box filled with straw which is a great forage box and they sent a lovely handwritten note to Winston (my rabbit). They sell the hay experts produce and I ordered in bulk so got free postage.

They look great but everything is out of stock at the moment. :(

I know- I went to order yesterday and everything I wanted was out of stock :(

Ohh that's a shame!! Amy, who owns the shop, emailed me to let me know they will have new bunny things in stock next week which is quite exciting, so hopefully there will be more of the usual stock in as well! I emailed her asking about the safety of the forage box (because it had quite a lot of sellotape on it) and she has been fantastic at replying, she has told me all about her animals and asked about Winston and things, it's such a personal service!

Back