• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House viewing Sunday with 2 indoor bunnies?

mokwa32

Alpha Buck
We have taken the huge step to sell our home of 10 years. I have a viewing Sunday and I'm not sure what to do about my indoor bunnies. My husband is taking the kids and dogs out but I have Pony in the bedroom and Teddy in the lounge with 2 large pens set up. Other than having the pens spotless and bunnies in their pens I don't know what to do.... Or what viewers may think or say.

I probably shouldn't be worried at all. It is after all still my house. And if anyone says anything Il be like.... Well they are house rabbits as a matter of fact and in a very proud manner. I guess I'm hoping for moral support if any is going spare. :) It is my first house sale. I have never had strangers in the house before really... Not ones who will be looking at every nook and cranny.

I would go for the proud "yes I have house rabbits and aren't they awesome" stance. Hopefully most people will be interested in them and it'll give your place an extra nice vibe :) You can explain they're clean and lovely indoor pets..
Good luck with the viewings! X

I would go for the proud "yes I have house rabbits and aren't they awesome" stance. Hopefully most people will be interested in them and it'll give your place an extra nice vibe :) You can explain they're clean and lovely indoor pets..
Good luck with the viewings! X
Yes, you are so right and that was my initial thought. I will gloss over any distaste I receive, if any at all with 'look at these incredible little bunnies' and so on :)

Oh thank you, fingers crossed goes Well, I have 4 ladies interested cabs 3 wanting viewings, it only went on the market 3 days ago! Bit shell shocked! :)

I don't think anyone will mind, they'll probably be curious more than anything. It' s not like they're big smelly dogs :D (sorry dogs, but you know it's true :lol:)

I'm sure it won't put anyone off at all. I would just do a clean and tidy of the pens before they come. You will be a good advert for having house rabbits ;)

I'm sure it won't put anyone off, we have house rabbits and recently sold our flat. We had several viewings and it sold within a week so they can't have been too put off! Everyone just commented on them being cute

If they are giant pens and easy to adjust you could make them a little smaller on the grounds that will make the rooms look bigger :)

Don't worry about having them in their respective rooms at the time of viewing, as long as they are clean in their set up it shouldn't be a problem. Viewers will probably just want to pet them!! Good luck with your house sale, I hope it goes well.

It will be fine, I sold my last house, when I had a house bunny, one viewer offered me a swap of her husband for my bunny - needless to say I declined! :D

I have the opposite experience to the other posters. When we sold our house 4 years ago we had 2 house rabbits and a number of viewers actually told the estate agents they were put off the house because of the buns :shock: In the end we arranged for the agents to do all the viewings and packed all the bunny stuff away, popped bunnies in a carrier and took them out with us for 30 mins. Fortunately we only had to do it twice before selling the house.

We didn't have a problem selling, despite Lady Jane's huge bright pink 'boudoir' dominating my room :lol:

You'll always get some people who don't like animals in the house, same as you'll always get some animal lovers. So long as everything is clean and tidy most people can hopefully look past the pens and see the rooms as they would furnish them :)

I don't think anyone will mind, they'll probably be curious more than anything. It' s not like they're big smelly dogs :D (sorry dogs, but you know it's true [emoji38])
Lol I have 2 smelly dogs and two crazy kids and I'm making my husband take them all away for an hour :)

I have the opposite experience to the other posters. When we sold our house 4 years ago we had 2 house rabbits and a number of viewers actually told the estate agents they were put off the house because of the buns :shock: In the end we arranged for the agents to do all the viewings and packed all the bunny stuff away, popped bunnies in a carrier and took them out with us for 30 mins. Fortunately we only had to do it twice before selling the house.
Okay well Il play it by ear, I might do that too, as there are pen set ups they are easily dismantled, good little idea :) thanks.

You may get a bunny lover looking!! In which case, they will be more interested in the bunnies and the house viewing will fly by!!

Oh my gosh what a week. I have sold my house!!!! One viewer asked 'do the bunnies come with the house?' Lol....... NO.... was my answer. But one lady likes the dogs more and wants a dog herself and we have accepted her offer, I'm in shock. House on the market for one week, crazy. So it looks like me, my husband, Toby and rox, binx and belle and Ted and pony are all relocating very soon :) :)
Oooops..... And my 2 kids lol :)

Oh my gosh what a week. I have sold my house!!!! One viewer asked 'do the bunnies come with the house?' Lol....... NO.... was my answer. But one lady likes the dogs more and wants a dog herself and we have accepted her offer, I'm in shock. House on the market for one week, crazy. So it looks like me, my husband, Toby and rox, binx and belle and Ted and pony are all relocating very soon :) :)
Oooops..... And my 2 kids lol :)

That's great news! Really glad it went well for you. Exciting times ahead!

Oh thank you. I can't believe it. But thank God. No more crazy cleaning and stressing over viewings. :)

Back