• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The end for Wish? Not the end. Update post 35.

:( Sending good vibes for a positive outcome. I read the link about advocating for Wish and the story was incredibly moving.

Tonnes of vibes coming your way for Wish. Really hope it's not myxi. :cry:
(((((((Hugs to you))))))) xxxx

Thanks guys.

Basically, Wish has swollen genitals, but no other signs of myxi. The vets (she's been examined by a couple) are thinking it's a 50:50 chance of myxo vs some sort of injury. It's not changed or progressed since I noticed it (late yesterday) and she has no other lumps or bumps or swellings, no watery eyes, no discharge and is entirely normal Wish. She also hasn't lost weight, which when she loses weight, she does so quickly, and when she's not ok.

She and her buddies are being quarantined. She doesn't have fleas.

If this does turn out to be myxo, because she is not vaccinated, she will be PTS immediately. The first sign of anything, and that's that- it's not fair on such a sick, unvaccinated bunny to even try to fight, even if it is Wish, who seems to survive everything; she will go with dignity and love.

In addition to all of that, only 5 of my rabbits here are vaccinated, and if we do have myxo in the area then I have 8 rabbits who are going to be incredibly vulnerable to it (and please note, those bunnies were not vaccinated due to their health and the risks of the vaccine). Scary times here. I'm going to have to weigh up the risks of not vaccinating, vs the risks of vaccinating- the odds are more equal now. I'm gambling- but I'm gambling with life. And I have no way of knowing, currently which is the best way forwards.

:( Sending good vibes for a positive outcome. I read the link about advocating for Wish and the story was incredibly moving.

:love: She's a fighter through and through.

Everything crossed for Wish and your unvaccinated bunnies, that must be such a worry for you. *hugs*

Back